A little over a year ago, Robert C. Likes, the author of "From This Mountain Cerro Gordo" found my website and some stories I had written about Cerro Gordo. He had no idea that his book was so popular. In fact, he didn't even know it was still in print. Bob & I have have been having regular e-mail and phone conversations ever since. I have been putting him in touch with Cerro Gordo as it is in the new millenium, and he has introduced me to the ghosttown in the 1970's when he wrote the book. Together we have been going through new and old archives and trying to better fit the pieces together of the history of this old place. I had hoped that I would get him out here for a visit so he could see for himself what Mike Patterson has done to the place. Unfortunately, now, it doesn't look like this is going to happen.

Bob is in his 70's and lives in Myrtle beach. I just a call from his daughter today that he had a stroke. I'm not sure how bad it is at this point. I think it would be great tribute to him if everyone would send him a card or a note wishing him well, and perhaps something about his book, or your personal experiences at Cerro Gordo. If you'd like to do this please private message me
and I will give you my postal address and forward to him. This will mean a lot to both him and to his family, I am sure.