Thread: Robert C. Likes Author of From This Mountain Cerro Gordo

Default Robert C. Likes Author of From This Mountain Cerro Gordo

A little over a year ago, Robert C. Likes, the author of "From This Mountain Cerro Gordo" found my website and some stories I had written about Cerro Gordo. He had no idea that his book was so popular. In fact, he didn't even know it was still in print. Bob & I have have been having regular e-mail and phone conversations ever since. I have been putting him in touch with Cerro Gordo as it is in the new millenium, and he has introduced me to the ghosttown in the 1970's when he wrote the book. Together we have been going through new and old archives and trying to better fit the pieces together of the history of this old place. I had hoped that I would get him out here for a visit so he could see for himself what Mike Patterson has done to the place. Unfortunately, now, it doesn't look like this is going to happen.

Bob is in his 70's and lives in Myrtle beach. I just a call from his daughter today that he had a stroke. I'm not sure how bad it is at this point. I think it would be great tribute to him if everyone would send him a card or a note wishing him well, and perhaps something about his book, or your personal experiences at Cerro Gordo. If you'd like to do this please private message me
    and I will give you my postal address and forward to him. This will mean a lot to both him and to his family, I am sure.
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.explorehistoricalif.com
    www.cerrogordo.us

Default Our Dad

Hello all - This is Jenny, Bob's daughter-in-law. I am married to his only son, David. On behalf of Bob's family, I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to send something for Bob. During Bob's recovery, all postings, calls, emails, postcards and notes have helped during the trying time.

We can not thank Cecile enough for her efforts in helping us make this happen. Bob has been working on another book and we are hoping that we will be able to help him get it published. I know that some of you are sending postcards or emails to Cecile, but I wanted to let you all know that you can contact the family, as well at Likes831@comcast.net. Anything that ya'll can do is so appreciated. We want Bob to know how special he is, not just to us, his family, but to all the people who are out there that love ghost towns as much as he does. Again, thank you all and I will try and keep everyone updated on how Bob is doing either through here or Cecile. Please take a moment to help let this great man know that all he has done and is doing makes a difference.

Thread Information