Thread: So Cal GTs and abandoned mines

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default So Cal GTs and abandoned mines

While I can't encourage or condone taking some of the chances these people took while going into abandoned mines, he's got a good website with some great photos.
    One of the mines he's mentioned in Lucerne, CA, I've seen from the outside, no way would I have gone into it (but I'm glad he did so I could see the photos).

Why, THANK YOU!

I, too, would never encourage anybody to do some of the things we do! If you have it in you, you'll probably do crazy things on your own and don't need any encouragement!

By the way...I have just started updating this page for the 1st time in years. Will have a bunch of new great writeups by the time this summer is over:

http://www.socalfunplaces.com/asp/co...rt.asp#UPDATED

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

SoCalFunPlaces, Welcome to the forum! I love your site! You're doing the kinds of things I can only sit in my rocking chair and dream about. I'm really looking forward to reading about your further adventures.
    By the way, if you'd like to share it, what's the scariest OH SH** moment you've encountered while going into those abandoned mines?
    Last edited by LauraA; 05-03-2007 at 01:10 PM.

that would surely be the time in the Reward mine when we ran across a group of practicing warlocks chanting with candles in the upper levels. By far!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFunPlaces View Post
    that would surely be the time in the Reward mine when we ran across a group of practicing warlocks chanting with candles in the upper levels. By far!
    Seriously?

well I am familiar with all the stories & lore out there in desert explorer land so if I said "YES, really" .....would you believe me?! But really - yes, very serious.

Yep, I believe you. There are some strange things out there for sure and what better place to run across them than in an abandoned mine?
    I think with your style of writing, you'd do well writing a book about those old mines and your adventures exploring them. It looks like you've done extensive research on the locations you're visiting.
    I'll be checking your site periodically, can't wait to see where you're going next. Good stuff!

Thread Information