Thread: Putting You Guys To Shame

Default Bump

All right, I'm putting all you guys to shame now - I posted this message on my local forum here in Tujunga just on a whim and people here are sending me messages to give to Bob. I know many of you guys either know of him, or his writings, and I know you know the places he is talking about, even if you don't know of his works. Bob & his Ghost Town Club - were the forerunners to the adventures each of us have out there today. So please - e-mail and wish him well via me: cecile@explorehistoricalif.com. It will only take a few minutes of your time to say hi and thank him for preserving those histories, & maybe even tell him some of your adventures. He would be tickled to death! Even if you aren't from California!
    Last edited by Cecile; 05-03-2007 at 12:23 PM.
    Cecile
    ------------------------
    Well behaved women
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.explorehistoricalif.com
    www.cerrogordo.us

Default Our Dad

Hello all - This is Jenny, Bob's daughter-in-law. I am married to his only son, David. On behalf of Bob's family, I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to send something for Bob. During Bob's recovery, all postings, calls, emails, postcards and notes have helped during the trying time.

We can not thank Cecile enough for her efforts in helping us make this happen. Bob has been working on another book and we are hoping that we will be able to help him get it published. I know that some of you are sending postcards or emails to Cecile, but I wanted to let you all know that you can contact the family, as well at Likes831@comcast.net. Anything that ya'll can do is so appreciated. We want Bob to know how special he is, not just to us, his family, but to all the people who are out there that love ghost towns as much as he does. Again, thank you all and I will try and keep everyone updated on how Bob is doing either through here or Cecile. Whether you are from California or just wish you could be, please take a moment to help let this great man know that all he has done and is doing makes a difference.
    Last edited by The Likes Clan; 04-30-2007 at 10:31 AM.

Seems some people are taking my title Putting You Guys to Shame too seriously. Just trying to call attention to this man, and what he has done for each of us as back road explorers and ghosttowners and history buffs, I wasn't really admonishing anyone. Nobody seemed to be noticing the posts, so I made new one's. Perhaps it would have been better just to bump the original post. with hopes it would be seen again.

For those of you who have responded directly to the family, I thank you and it has been greatly appreciated. For those of you who are uncomfortable with this sort of thing, that's fine too., I can understand that as well.
    Meantime here's the latest note from the family"

"Bob's rehab is going well. They are working on weakness of his left side which appears to be mild. As usual, he tries to hurry, which only sets him back. He has taken a few falls, some of them soft falls, but some have been hard. He's minus several layers of skin on his left elbow and many bruises, but he doesn't complain, continues to crack jokes with anyone who'll listen! It looks like he'll be there for at least 2 weeks. In the meantime, thanks for all your well wishes and prayers, and thanks for spreading the word to all those that love the desert like we do.

Well, tomorrow comes pretty early, and I have to be at the hospital very early. I usually stay till 7 - 8 p.m., and I know he's tucked in, etc.

I print them out and read them to Bob, or he grabs them and reads them for himself, depending on how sleepy he is at the time. Ha!Ha!

My best regards,
    Janet"
    Last edited by Cecile; 05-03-2007 at 12:24 PM.
    Cecile
    ------------------------
    Well behaved women
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.explorehistoricalif.com
    www.cerrogordo.us

Thread Information