Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nothing to do with GT - Just my old car

Default Nothing to do with GT - Just my old car

OK. So this has nothingn to do with anything here. Still, there seem to be some old car guys here who will get it. So, a moment of silence for my old van. My husband is convinced that my 1969 Dodge van is a death trap.

Just because there is a little rust and a bit of daylight showing through the . . . well everywhere, he thinks it may not be sound. I paid $50 and drove it home. What does he expect from an older car? OK, so it died once, and there was a lot of blue smoke, and the seats weren't actually bolted to the van and there were mushrooms growing inside the windows on the moss. Still, it's a cool old van.

So. I just write for sympathy and condolences on my loss. (Actually - if noone responds to my add there is no loss. Divorce court maybe!)

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by NWNative View Post
    OK. So this has nothingn to do with anything here. Still, there seem to be some old car guys here who will get it. So, a moment of silence for my old van. My husband is convinced that my 1969 Dodge van is a death trap.

Just because there is a little rust and a bit of daylight showing through the . . . well everywhere, he thinks it may not be sound. I paid $50 and drove it home. What does he expect from an older car? OK, so it died once, and there was a lot of blue smoke, and the seats weren't actually bolted to the van and there were mushrooms growing inside the windows on the moss. Still, it's a cool old van.

So. I just write for sympathy and condolences on my loss. (Actually - if noone responds to my add there is no loss. Divorce court maybe!)
    You got it!
    But from your msg, it looks like it may not BE just a death trap. I see possible culture exhibit/experiment, flora genus, environmental and safety hazard, unreliable transport, ....and ....and .... well dang it they're just ugly behemoths.
    <R_I_P>

Old iron is good. My daily driver is a '69 Ford 44 P.U. that my wife detests . . . No power anything.

Then there's my '68 Jeepster . . . Not a straight panel anywhere but the colors are catchy. Faded green, chalky white, dull black, several shades of primer and rust.
    Rockcrusher
    110,000 square miles of desert to play in . . . And the government owns 87% of it

My '69 Chevelle had the same problem with the floor. I got a big old piece of galvanized steel, some sheet metal shears (wear thick leather gloves, that stuff is sharp!) and a rivet gun, and in an hour it was fixed. Drove it for another 6-7 years that way.

I know '69 Dodge vans well. Instead of selling it, you might rent a cutting torch, cut off the roof, and sink it into the ground in the backyard as a goldfish pond. Works great. We did that, and even found somebody to buy the bottom half.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

RIP '69 Dodge Van.
    Name:  tiny violin.gif
Views: 258
Size:  1.1 KB
    (All good Dodges go to MOPAR heaven.)
    Name:  Car Heaven.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  33.5 KB

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Aren't all Dodges death traps?
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Talking

My friends used to kid me about my iron garden. I've always had trouble parting with faithful vehicles. My wife owned a '63 Comet when we got married in '69. My oldest son refurbished it and drove it during his teen driving years. It is now about to be rebuilt a second time for my oldest grandson. Got about 5 years to do it right. And the '64 Scooby Doo van my middle son drives from time to time is just too classic to part with. Oh well, they go well with the '50 Packard. OJ

Just think, OJ, one of these days your "iron garden" will be worth a lot of money......Speedy

Default My Old Iron

May be worth something someday. Sure is fun to drive.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

A beautiful ride

Thread Information