Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TOO many Pop Ups

Default TOO many Pop Ups

It has been 6 months since I have been to this forum there are so many pop ups I HATE these pop ups. The pop ups just keep comming one right after the other. I have 9 pop ups already and I have been here less than 1 minute. What a bunch of bull#h#t. I have never seen so dam# many pop ups in my life. My Son is the computer wizzard he has pop up blocker on our computer I have not seen a pop up in 6 months this is the only place where I get pop ups.
    Last edited by Gary Weaver; 05-10-2007 at 09:32 AM.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Weaver View Post
    It has been 6 months since I have been to this forum there are so many pop ups I HATE this place. The pop ups just keep comming one right after the other. I have 9 pop ups already and I have been here less than 1 minute. What a bunch of bull ****.
    Popups unfortunately are a way of life on the internet. I use popup blockers and don't get a single popup anywhere on the web. There are free programs available to block popups. Maybe they wouldn't be worth your time however, it you believe this is just "a bunch of bull****" and you "HATE this place."

This link might be of interest to you however, especially if soggy cornflakes upset you early in the morning.

I've never gotten a "pop up" here.......

Default Good Advice

I got a lot of "pop-ups" too. I find them very annoying. I think I'll take Laura's advice and look for one of those free pop-up blockers. Any recommendations Laura?
    40FORDJIM GHOSTTOWNER SINCE 1965

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Jim, I use Webroot's Spysweeper and AOL's popup controls. AOL's blockers are included with membership. Webroot is a pay-for program. You can try Googling "free popup blockers" and see what comes up. There are some shareware programs available, but I don't recall the names. You might want check with your server, many include blockers as part of their membership.
    In the time it took me to type this, my AOL controls blocked 11 popups, it keeps a count of what and how many are blocked.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I use Webroot's Spysweeper too, as well as Norton Anti-virus and Anti-spam. No issues what so ever. But those are not free.

I'd be careful trying out "free" to download pop up blockers that are not from a reputable source. Most, if not all the brand name sources offer free trials that give you an idea if they are worth it.

About the only "free ware" I use is HiJack This and Clean-Up.

BTW, the pop ups are what pay the bills. So unless we all went to paid subscriptions, it's a necessity to keep this place going.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

I have all of the popups blocked here,and have no problem at all with this site.
    But somebody needs to sell Brian a new phone or TV or something.

Kelly
    Socorro N.M.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    Jim, I use Webroot's Spysweeper and AOL's popup controls. AOL's blockers are included with membership. Webroot is a pay-for program. You can try Googling "free popup blockers" and see what comes up. There are some shareware programs available, but I don't recall the names. You might want check with your server, many include blockers as part of their membership.
    In the time it took me to type this, my AOL controls blocked 11 popups, it keeps a count of what and how many are blocked.
    The free Google software works really well for me.
    http://pack.google.com/intl/en/pack_....html?ciNum=10

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
    I have all of the popups blocked here,and have no problem at all with this site.
    But somebody needs to sell Brian a new phone or TV or something.
    I have my Visa card ready. I'd like to know who to send payment to , please. I'm waiting on my Nokias.

By the way, what are Nokias?

Hip Daddy
    Attached Images Attached Images  

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    By the way, what are Nokias?

Hip Daddy

Nokias are the little metal tools used for opening nodoras! Thought everyone knew that.

Thread Information