Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flagging a post....

Angry flagging a post....

How 'bout a way to flag a post on the list of threads pages, with a small symbol maybe like a red exclaimation mark to denote a rude or inappropriate post? there's a post on here, that when you open it...it's just links to sex cam's, sex talk, etc..... being able to flag it would keep people from wasting their time.......

Default Flagging

Good Idea !! Maybe FLOGGING the poster is an idea too !!
    40FORDJIM GHOSTTOWNER SINCE 1965

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by xplor'npaul View Post
    How 'bout a way to flag a post on the list of threads pages, with a small symbol maybe like a red exclaimation mark to denote a rude or inappropriate post? there's a post on here, that when you open it...it's just links to sex cam's, sex talk, etc..... being able to flag it would keep people from wasting their time.......

If anybody'd know it'd be GaryB or Cool (hand Luke) Guy.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

GaryB does a great job moderating this forum, but he can't be here 24/7. (if he was here any longer than he already is, we'd have to start cooking for him and doing his laundry.)
    In my opinion, yep, those posts are pretty nasty and more than a bit annoying, but they don't last very long once Gary sees them.
    I don't think flagging a post would work, what would keep people from flagging a legitimate post they might disagree with?
    Also, for offensive posts, you can always use the little triangle and scale at the top right of the offending post to report it.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

It might be easier just to block all of MY posts, as at least 73% are considered offensive in some way.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Laura, I didn't know about that little scale thingy...... Brian, if we're going to flag you....we would prob have to lock you up!!! You being the renegade you are. We could have Laura bring ya food, like aunt Bea in the old andy Griffith show. But then, knowing Laura, she might slip ya a file or key in a cake....... sheesh, you people from AZ,....tombstone is in your blood!!!!!!!!

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

One way is to either "report" the post using the triangle and exclamation button at the top of the post you want to report, as Laura mentioned.

Or even better PM me (or the other moderators) directly. I'm set up to receive emails warning me of PM's, myself.

If it's a spam post, one of us will likely see it, so reporting every spam post isn't necessary. If it's a particular post in a thread, we may not.

Adding negative points to one's reputation isn't always the best thing to get our attention, as I really don't look at those too much. But I do look at them enough to see who's been doing what.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    (if he was here any longer than he already is, we'd have to start cooking for him and doing his laundry.)
    Wife does the laundry, and I eat a lot of beef jerky.

I think the real issue would be making the house payment
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

BTW I'm outta here till Sunday sometime. Fire at will at any spammers

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Thanks Laura, I didn't know about that little scale thingy...... Brian, if we're going to flag you....we would prob have to lock you up!!! You being the renegade you are. We could have Laura bring ya food, like aunt Bea in the old andy Griffith show. But then, knowing Laura, she might slip ya a file or key in a cake....... sheesh, you people from AZ,....tombstone is in your blood!!!!!!!!
    Aunt Bea??!!!! WOW you REALLY know how to flatter a lady.
    I'm a fawmer Nu Yawker so I'd probably just take a machine gun and shoot up the joint. (subtlety never has been my strong suit)

Name:  violent-smiley-041.gif
Views: 228
Size:  4.6 KB

Thread Information