Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How Often Do You See Signs Like This?

I am constantly coming across public roads that have had these rocks placed across them so that cars can't drive through. I think it's so lame that people do that to try and stop traffic from going through. Usually here in Utah, it's the **** greenies pulling this crap. I just get out of the car and remove the rocks and drive through anyway.

Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

Thumbs up

One of the guys in a 4x4 group I belong to just got the MI gov't to help him keep @ 7 unused road opened. The neighboring owners were the ones who kept blocking them. The local go'v told them they best not block them again and to learn where their property lines are.

Thumbs down Have run into the same problem

We have run into the same problem many times where the land belongs to the BLM, but there are locking gates with no tresspassing signs whereas the map says it is BLM land. And five days ago we came to a fence with no gate running across BLM property and a berm also blocking access of the road.

Once we decided we had had enough of the ranchers blocking pubic access, so we put crazy glue in their existing lock and placed a heavy duty lock of our own next to it.

Years ago in Oregon I went through a large open steel gate in my one ton truck that was in the national forrest and when I started back out I found I was locked in and note on the locked gate left there by a marijuana farmer calling me bad names for being in the area of his crop. So being I was twenty miles deep in the wilderness miles from home, I put a chain around the gate hoping to force the lock, but instead the three inch steel post was pulled out of the ground with a 150 pound ball of concrete attached to its bottom.
    I continued backing up until I backed around a curve before releasing the chain, then I pushed the mangled gate to the edge of a deep revine, and then getting out of my truck I used a small log to pry it into the gorge. And upon leaving next to where the gate once stood I wrote on the back of the note (a piece of cardboard) the dope grower had originally left for me "Who is the a--hole now?" and placing it on atop a small stack of rocks in the middle of the road before driving on.

I came by a week later and the gate was still lying in the bottom of the revine.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingsticks View Post
    We have run into the same problem many times where the land belongs to the BLM, but there are locking gates with no tresspassing signs whereas the map says it is BLM land. And five days ago we came to a fence with no gate running across BLM property and a berm also blocking access of the road.

Once we decided we had had enough of the ranchers blocking pubic access, so we put crazy glue in their existing lock and placed a heavy duty lock of our own next to it.

Years ago in Oregon I went through a large open steel gate in my one ton truck that was in the national forrest and when I started back out I found I was locked in and note on the locked gate left there by a marijuana farmer calling me bad names for being in the area of his crop. So being I was twenty miles deep in the wilderness miles from home, I put a chain around the gate hoping to force the lock, but instead the three inch steel post was pulled out of the ground with a 150 pound ball of concrete attached to its bottom.
    I continued backing up until I backed around a curve before releasing the chain, then I pushed the mangled gate to the edge of a deep revine, and then getting out of my truck I used a small log to pry it into the gorge. And upon leaving next to where the gate once stood I wrote on the back of the note (a piece of cardboard) the dope grower had originally left for me "Who is the a--hole now?" and placing it on atop a small stack of rocks in the middle of the road before driving on.

I came by a week later and the gate was still lying in the bottom of the revine.
    I admire your cojones! As heavily armed as I am, I've never had the guts to pull such a bold move.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Walkingsticks View Post
    I put a chain around the gate hoping to force the lock, but instead the three inch steel post was pulled out of the ground with a 150 pound ball of concrete attached to its bottom.
    Classy!!! Give that man a beer!
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Here's one I saw at the Kissimmee Prairie Preserve State Park, located next to the Avon Park Bombing Range. I'm glad they tell people if you find one of those 100 pound bombs not to pick it up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Oh, that is brilliant!
    I hate to say it, but....only in America! (And I mean that in the best possible way)
    What a fantastic conundrum you people live in!

Totally off topic -

I've been tooling around Edwards AFB lately - I get distracted when I'm ghost-towning - and some of the "links" from GE about Edwards, etc....wow! No, I'm not an area 51 "nut"!! I just admire America's "can do - have done." Boy, what you people have done!! Astonishing.

America is the most amazing country on earth. You better look after it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post
    Oh, that is brilliant!
    I hate to say it, but....only in America! (And I mean that in the best possible way)
    What a fantastic conundrum you people live in!

Totally off topic -

I've been tooling around Edwards AFB lately - I get distracted when I'm ghost-towning - and some of the "links" from GE about Edwards, etc....wow! No, I'm not an area 51 "nut"!! I just admire America's "can do - have done." Boy, what you people have done!! Astonishing.

America is the most amazing country on earth. You better look after it!
    Where You from?

Australia, Tyroler. Not to be confused, as George Bush did recently, with Austria! Some minor differences.
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Oz.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post
    Australia, Tyroler. Not to be confused, as George Bush did recently, with Austria! Some minor differences.
    Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Oz.

Wait, you mean Arnold Schwarzenegger isn't from Sydney?
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thread Information