Thread: New To Board!!

Cool New To Board!!

HI ghosttowners My husband and I are up here in Northern AZ just thought we would join and introduce ourselves.
    We are pretty avid offroaders and love to take the backroads especially if they lead us to historical sights like ghost towns we heard there is plenty to see in AZ but have only found a few. Note to all since some are a bit reluctant of sharing what they know because of people vandalizing our american history, we feel that is wrong and it totally ruins the history left behind for us to take it in and enjoy, there is so much vandalism and stealing going on that it is unbelievable that it seems soon our generations to come won't be able to enjoy the past as it might be gone. We leave these places with nothing but pictures and memories imprinted in our minds of where we have been.
    Not too mention if you think about, even though these towns are vacant its still the matter that it was once someone elses home, a product of their past and even though they aren't there anymore it still doesnt give anyone the right to go in and do what they wish with what was left behind.
    Cant wait to see what some of you have in mind.
    Last edited by JeepinAZ; 08-29-2007 at 10:19 AM. Reason: left something out

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Where abouts in Northern AZ? Like East, West, ?
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Oh yeah, and welcome to the board.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

up by prescott..

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hi Mr & Mrs JeepinAZ, Welcome to the board!

We've found a great place to begin looking is with a map from The Arizona Department of Mines and Mineral Resourses for your particular area.DMMR - Publication List (have to order by mail using their form which you can print out)
    Armed wth the maps, a good topo map and cross-referencing this site, Mineralogy Database - Mineral Collecting, Localities, Mineral Photos and Data you can find out what was mined and any present or past towns that might be in that area you're searching.

If you haven't already seen it, you might want to check out the Ghost Town Web Site, Ghost Towns and History of the American West some directions are given there as well.
    I'm sure if you have a question about directions to a specific place, someone here can help you out.
    Good luck and happy hunting.

thank you for the replies

Welcome, thanks for joining us......Speedy

Default Tween you and the Colorado

Howdy and welcome. There is a bunch of good GT exploring between you and the Colorado River. That is if you don't consider Parker or Bullshead too far a sojourn. There is a couple weekends of exploring between Kingman and Hoover Dam. Some really neat stuff east of the river between Bullshead and Parker. Course there is fun stuff north, east, and south of Prescott as well.
    Yet Another Bob

Thread Information