Thread: Stagecoach/mccabe

Default Stagecoach/mccabe

Hey all...
    yeah we are new here, thought this board might be helpful to us for those of you who know AZ pretty well.
    We have already been to Cleator and Crown King and can tell you, we weren't all that enthuised with the place although we never really got out to explore, didn't think we would want to seeing as people still live in the run down cabins
    We still have yet to see Vulture City/mine which we are looking forward too as well as Tombstone.
    Maybe you all might know the answer and directions to the old stage coach trail up in the prescott area starting around the bradshaw mountains {not talking about the Palace Station}, we went with a buddy and only made it as far as the old cement stage coach stop{which is collapsing of course} out in the middle of nowhere by a dried up stream bed.
    We were going to continue it further until his son got sick and had to turn around, anyhow he was telling us that there was some old indian ruins and ghost towns further up the trail but when we went back we couldn't find where the trail began.
    We are also looking for McCabe {also in prescott but heard there is nothing there anyways}
    Here is the building I was referring to along the old stage coach trail
    Last edited by JeepinAZ; 08-29-2007 at 10:42 AM. Reason: to add image

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    Thank you Laura I will check the links...

just also wanted to add hubby says he heard the cemetary is all thats left of McCabe..I looked at the links provided but couldnt find any info on directions any help would be appreciated

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I believe if you check out the Little Jessie Mine location on the Minedat website, it'll put you in close proximity to McCabe.
    As to what's left there, according to the Ghost Town Site, there's only a cemetery remaining. However, there might be some mining camp ruins in the area since it seems it was heavily mined.

Location Maps - Little Jessie Mine (Little Grace & Little Jessie; Ella Patented MS 1129; Chaparral Mining Co. property; Ohio ...

Map Reference: 34°28'28"N , 112°18'28"W

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

we have a video tour of McCabe here

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/az/mccabe.html

the above link to google is correct on the location

Thread Information