Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bara Hack, CT

Default Bara Hack, CT

I want to get in touch with the owners to obtain permission to go on their place. Anyone know who I could contact or how I could find "them"? Thanks!!

Default tell us more

tell us more......is Bara Hack an abandoned town in Connecticut?

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by JuneNY View Post
    tell us more......is Bara Hack an abandoned town in Connecticut?

Nah..I'm pretty sure it's a haunted spook site with only a cemetery left.

Either that or an oriental pulmonary disease.

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Either that or an oriental pulmonary disease.
    I'm glad you said that, Bob! I was having an attack of cattarh every time I tried to say the name!
    (I have NO IDEA what cattarh is, but I've always liked the word. It sounds like it means it and that's how I like my diseases!)

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post
    I'm glad you said that, Bob! I was having an attack of cattarh every time I tried to say the name!
    (I have NO IDEA what cattarh is, but I've always liked the word. It sounds like it means it and that's how I like my diseases!)

I'm actually taking meds for cattarh now. Well nasal spray and zantac. I think the zantac is a placebo, but the spray works very well.

Btw, where didja ever get the pic of me grandpa holdin' me inheritance?

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Bob - hope you are feeling better.
    The piccie is the Holterman nugget, found in Hill End, N.S.W - one of my 2 favorite Aussie "ghosts", till the yuppies ruined it! The other being Sofala.

The largest single lump of gold ever discovered on our planet was found in Australia. It was the Holterman Nugget, and it was found in Hill End in NSW on 19 October, 1872. The whole nugget weighed 235.1 kg, and contained 93.3 kg of pure gold. (Strictly speaking, the Holterman Nugget was not really a nugget, but a mass of gold found in a reef.)
    Many of the world's large gold nuggets have come out of Australia - the Hand of Faith (27.2 kg), the Welcome Stranger (73.4 kg), and the Welcome (69. 9 kg).
    http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/trek/4wd/Over44.htm

In 1980, I was working in a bistro in Bendigo, one of the great Gold Rush towns of Victoria. There was a guy who worked on the Council road gang, what we call a "lollipop man", stands there all day with a Stop/Go sign. High IQ job,
    The grader he was signalling for flipped over a 2.8kg nugget. Nice day's work!
    He might have been your grandfather!

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post
    Bob - hope you are feeling better.
    The piccie is the Holterman nugget, found in Hill End, N.S.W - one of my 2 favorite Aussie "ghosts", till the yuppies ruined it! The other being Sofala.

http://www.abc.net.au/science/k2/trek/4wd/Over44.htm

In 1980, I was working in a bistro in Bendigo, one of the great Gold Rush towns of Victoria. There was a guy who worked on the Council road gang, what we call a "lollipop man", stands there all day with a Stop/Go sign. High IQ job,
    The grader he was signalling for flipped over a 2.8kg nugget. Nice day's work!
    He might have been your grandfather!

Thanks fer the well wishes Pete, and the info on me inheritance!

My grandpa was a rancher, financier and car dealer in South Dakota.

Default Bara Hack Ct.

You might want to check out Troy Taylor's www.praireghosts.com
    Under haunted America they have something I'm sure on Bara Hack or type in Bara Hack in Google,and you may find some paranormal groups who have been there.You could contact them for information on investigating the place.
    It is supposed to be haunted
    and I think was founded by people who came from Wales or Cornwall in England.

Default Recent trip to Bara Hack

My small excursionary team went to the lost village of Bara Hack within the last week. It trully is a great and unspoiled site. There are no trespassing signs so be alert and go during daytime hours. The most impressive of all features of this ghost town are the face engraving and also some cross engravings in the main rocks in the center of town. The vertical stones are also quite mysterious . I have read many theories that point to them having to do with celtic triangle ceremonies and othere such "triangle of solomon" rituals, even though the settlers were Welsh. This is a ghost town that leaves no "evil" feeling in your soul and is quite archealogically signifigant. For those of you on your way down, your in for a treat. The ghost town is located in Pomfret, CT off of Taft Pond Rd. Look for a orange railing and go into the trail by the side of it. Be safe.

Check out my google map "Ghost Towns And Special Places Of Interest In New England " its got some gems!!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...3,0.11055&z=13

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I thought that the Welsh were Celtic. Not everybody from the Island of Britain is British. Just ask the Brits!
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

Thread Information