Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mogollon Trip this weekend

tuutuutango Guest

Default Mogollon Trip this weekend

Greetings all:

I originally placed this info (my first post) in the wrong area when I joined Ghosttowns earlier this month. (This website works better on my Mac than it does on my Sony running Mozilla/Firefox. )

Long story made short, I am returning to Mogollon this weekend after having last visited the place 27 years ago. If anybody is up for a trip, I would be happy to meet folks there. I know the area very well, since having spent a lot of time there in the 1970s, with my first visit dating back to the mid 60s.

I spent 30 years in film & television and am somewhat retired, but I'll be doing some photography in Mogollon and plan on putting the pictures and/or video on YouTube when I get back. (My moniker on YouTube is TUUTUUTANGO. You can see some of my videos by typing in my moniker.)

For those who have never been to Mogollon, I can highly recommend it as a place to see. The cemetery is especially interesting, although it was in a state of decline last time I was there.

I encourage anybody to contact me through Ghosttowns if they are up for a trip. I'll have my computer with me and will be checking my e-mail when in WiFi spots.

Look for my white Ford van with a 34 foot hydraulic boom on the roof and Texas license plates reading Aerospace Commission... I'll stick out like a sore thumb because I'll also be pulling a micro-travel trailer behind the van.

TuuTuuTango

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

TTT - much as I'd love to be there, that ain't gonna happen, so I'm hoping I can rely on lots of photos and a trip report!!

3,000 words, on the desk, by Wednesday, at the latest!

Maybe next year? I hope you, and whoever is able to make it, have an excellent time.
    Me? I'm working!

tuutuutango Guest

Thanks for the fast post. I'll accomodate your request with some good pictures. Too bad about work (a four letter word) but someone has to hold down the fort for the rest of us.

Mogollon would be a great place for a gathering for us living in the Southwest, so maybe I can get my act together and provide more advance warning at a time of year when more folks can get away.

I'll have to admit it's been a long time since I was last there, so I'll do some research to see if Mogollon would work for a gathering place of ghosttown fans, especially those who like to camp with an RV or pick-up.

Ok, TTT, you're officially late. Extensions must be applied for in writing.
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post
    Ok, TTT, you're officially late. Extensions must be applied for in writing.

Yeah, but Pete, are ya still granting extensions after one is already late? Seems that some sanctions are necessary, tho perhaps could be somewhat lenient for 1st offense.

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Yeah, but Pete, are ya still granting extensions after one is already late? Seems that some sanctions are necessary, tho perhaps could be somewhat lenient for 1st offense.
    Sanctions!! Gawd, just the thought of it makes my spine tingle!!
    I've just the thing. I've heard that the Panamint Springs Resort sells over 100 types of beer!?

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Sanctions!! Gawd, just the thought of it makes my spine tingle!!
    I've just the thing. I've heard that the Panamint Springs Resort sells over 100 types of beer!?

Nah, beer just makes ya burp and pee...let's make him sample 100 types of whiskey within 2 hours.

Nah, beer just makes ya burp and pee...let's make him sample 100 types of whiskey within 2 hours.
    I wasn't suggesting TTT get to drink at the well, Bob. Where's the sanction in that?
    Watch, maybe. Pay, definitely.

I wasn't suggesting TTT get to drink at the well, Bob. Where's the sanction in that?
    Watch, maybe. Pay, definitely.

The sanctions are that after about 30 shots, the ones going down meet the ones coming up, and suddenly you don't feel so good any more.

The sanctions are that after about 30 shots, the ones going down meet the ones coming up, and suddenly you don't feel so good any more.
    It's a terrible thing, being Irish.
    My first wake, with Uncles I'd never seen before (or since), proves what you say to be true Bob.
    Thus, beer became my weapon of choice at a youngish age.
    Things were not much better on my mothers side - they are Scots!
    I went there in 87, to the town of Tobermory, Island of Mull, where the G(5)grandfather came from and, with the help of local heritage people, located the old house.
    Glory be!!!! It's a Distillery!
    (G(5)GG was a smuggler who didn't pay taxes!)

Tobermory is were 10's of thousands of Scots were hearded, after the "Clearances" and put on ships for Canada. Fascinating town history and it is drop dead gorgeous.
    My ancestor didn't get to go to Canada; he got to spend 2 years in a hulk on The Thames and then transportation to Oz.
    Bit of a win, there, Gramps!
    Here's to ya.

Thread Information