Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mogollon Trip this weekend

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Mogollon AZ

Ran across this shot on another forum, posted by Dave Middleton from Dallas, and wanted to put it in here, since there had been some discussion on the Mogollon Rim area.

I'd never seen it before, and I thought this was a pretty nice overview. Anyone else seen this view area, or have more pics of the Mogollon area for comparison? TIA.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Here's a shot looking toward the Rim. We've only been up there a few times, each time we've gone, we've run into large groups of off-roaders, we prefer the roads less traveled.

Name:  Full length FR609 004.jpg
Views: 437
Size:  82.2 KB

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Nice....so is your's looking east, and the one I posted looking west, and the range in the background on your's is the "Rim?"

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Both are very beautiful. Bob - 'hold that thought'. You need to be able to get me to that spot!
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Nice....so is your's looking east, and the one I posted looking west, and the range in the background on your's is the "Rim?"
    Yes, the range is the Rim, actually, from where we are, it's looking North, the valley below is Pleasant Valley and Young, home of the Pleasant Valley War, a feud between the Grahams & Tewksbury's (cattlemen & sheepherders)
    Here's some reading about the feud, there there is a lot more on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post
    Both are very beautiful. Bob - 'hold that thought'. You need to be able to get me to that spot!
    Gravelrash, We'll be happy to get you where you want to go, but you've got to get here before we're too old to go along with you.

Thanks for sharing the pics Laura & BB. Us flatlanders just love the views and are green with envy...........Speedy

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post

No worries Pete...pretty sure Kit Carson's still scouting about. We'll just ask him to find it.

Thanks fer the added info on the PV War Laura, have to check it out after work.

And you're quite welcome as always, Speedy. It's quite flat here in BAKEersfield too, and rather drab, though on clear days the surrounding mountains are visible.

Here's another shot of the Rim, taken this morning. This is looking North, toward Payson from the Beeline Hwy. (SR 87) Not a very good pic, shot from a moving Jeep, but you can see snow on the Rim in the distance.

Name:  Hike up Slate Creek 033.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  18.9 KB

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by LauraA View Post
    Gravelrash, We'll be happy to get you where you want to go, but you've got to get here before we're too old to go along with you.
    Laura - that's very much appreciated, more than I can say. I look forward to taking you up on the offer.
    I no longer know what will be more thrilling to me, the ghost towning or meeting the people from this site.
    As for getting there sooner rather than later.....I am working hard on it but it's not something I can overly influence.
    "Do you want fries with that?"
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Thread Information