Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I left (Long and boring)

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Nothing to see here folks.

Message removed for personal reasons. Sue me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by brian10x; 04-06-2011 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Poster withdrawing from public life

Brian, even if you don't currently explore, it doesn't mean you don't have anything to offer to the board. You have a lot of experience and good research skills. Those are valuable assets!

It's tough going out alone sometimes; we've all done it. Have you ever tried joining one of the 4wd clubs near you? They probably have a lot of people there that don't make friends easily. I joined the club that Gary suggested on the board here, and there are a lot of interesting people there that are always ready to lend a friendly hand.

Christ man, I've had to lay low for the last 6 months or so because my pancreas transplant pooped out on me, so I had to live a lot of exploring vicariously through other board members' experiences. Now that I've rucuperated, put on weight/strength, and gotten an insulin pump, I'm good to go again. Stay on the board Brian, it keeps the fire burning to explore. For you and for us.

Good luck with your business.
    Goat
    -Refuse the blindfold, accept the cigarette, and have a laugh with the firing squad-

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Brian, I can't say it better than Goat did. You DO certainly have contributions to make to the board.
    Unlike the others here, I've met you in person and found you to be an intelligent, personable guy. You're always welcome to come up here anytime and explore with Ralph & I. The invitation remains open whether you choose to remain on the forum or not.
    This is a great forum with lots of knowledgeable, super contributors who are always willing to lend a hand or offer advice. Stick around Kiddo....this is one bridge that doesn't need burning.

Goat, I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. Keep up the good work!

Brian,
    I wish you the best on your business. I can't get out as much as I used to, My wifes emphysima is getting real bad, and she can't do much at all. My mom had two heart attacks, and I lost my job and health ins. But you have to keep on going. I Just reply to great posts made here buy the fine people here on this board. And think that I was out there with them. I don't know of anyone here on this forum who thinks ill of you. It was great reading all of your replys to the posts and the spammers Take care and keep on keeping on.

Kelly
    Socorro N.M.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

The same goes for you Kelly, you gotta keep on keeping on.
    Whoever said, "getting older isn't for sissies" sure hit the nail on the head!

tuutuutango Guest

Brian:

I vote that you remain here with your other "virtual-friends," amigo.

Neat picture by the way...
    Last edited by tuutuutango; 11-26-2007 at 07:13 PM.

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Brian, you need to stay (short and sweet)

It's true ~ you are a crotchety, cranky, pernickety, irrascible, testy, touchy, cantankerous, sarcastic, odd, peculiar, eccentric, idiosyncratic, unpredictable, impatient, prickly, tetchy, grumpy old *******.

I like that in my friends.
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Gravelrash View Post
    Brian, you need to stay (short and sweet)

It's true ~ you are a crotchety, cranky, pernickety, irrascible, testy, touchy, cantankerous, sarcastic, odd, peculiar, eccentric, idiosyncratic, unpredictable, impatient, prickly, tetchy, grumpy old *******.

I like that in my friends.

Yea Brian, what all of them said is right on the mark.

But how will you and I ever get on then Pete? I'm none of those things, wait...what th..
    my nose...what's happen.....ooooops.
    Last edited by bad bob; 11-26-2007 at 01:38 PM.

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

BigBob - you've grown on us!
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Okay...here's my two cents worth. I'm in da same boat with my wife being diagnosed with MS so I myself won't be going out GTH-ing as well, but hey, what if.....we wipe the board clean, start with new threads, and reminisce. Of course we would have to get the name changed to "Remember Hunting Ghost Towns.com" (that's a questionable one...pardon the P.U.N.) But just remember, everyone here is a valuable member with their own wisdom from what they have done on their journeys...hence, learn from the mistakes of others, you can't live long enough to make them all yourself---but you can have fun trying

Thread Information