Thread: submitting a ghost town

Question submitting a ghost town

Hi, I am new to this site and new to Ghost towning. I came accross a couple of towns in PA that were not on your site and tryed to submit them a few days ago.

I don't see them on the site yet. How long does it take to post them. Just wondering.

Thanks

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Always appreciate the added sites, but:

There's no link to submit a ghost town from the PA Page.
    Did you find another link or how did you submit them?

Also Todd may be out flying, on vacation, holiday break, etc.
    If no results soon, you can email him.
    ghost@ghosttowns.com

Default Submitting a ghost town

From the home page, there is an email link when you click on that link it takes you to an e-mal page. On this page, there are several links for corrections and updates, for questions, for submitting a ghost town. I chose submit a ghost town and it takes you to another page that has a link on it that says. click Here to submit a ghost town. that link takes you to a page the Submit a ghost town page from there it explains Submission Guidelines with a form at the bottom to submit the ghost town.

Default submitting a ghost town

I also email a correction/ update for Bennington Pennsylvania. Form the correction and update page it has a warning box that says

"WARNING: Ghosttowns.com employs the use of ASK (Anti-Spam-Killer). The first time you send us an email, it will not get to us. It will bounce back to you so watch for it. When it bounces back to you, it will tell you that you tried to send an email to us, but it didnt get there and that you need to reply to that email so we know it was really you that was sending the mail and not a spammer. Once you hit reply to the bounce back, you will be added to our whitelist and you will never have to do that again and you will be able to send email like normal. If you do not reply to the bounce back, we will never get your email. Thanks.

I sent out a correction on the 1st and the 3rd and I have gotten no bounce back email.

My web browser is firefox could this be the problem should I use Internet explore to send emails?

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hi - There is a 1 to 6 week lag time for new towns, picture submissions and corrections - we just go in order by what is submitted so the new towns and corrections will get posted but no way it will happen in just a few days - thanks!

Default submitting a ghost town

Thank you!! I was worred is all. I just wanted others to have the info and thought maybe it was a glitch with my browser.. again thanks

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

A word about submitting ghost towns:

When you submit your summary of the ghost town, you can't make paragraphs the same way you do in something like MS Word where you hit the Return or Enter key.

But it can be done!

Write a paragraph, then, at the end of it, write <p>. Then continue with the paragraph, but don't hit the return button. Make it one block of text!

Example:

Bodie is the best ghost town in the world. It's super, it's awesome, and has many standing structures.<p> The history of Bodie is that some people settled here for some reason then left for another reason. That reason is a good reason, because X thing happened on X day to make people want to leave the town.<p> The town has X amount of standing buildings and X amount of neat things to see. Visiting is best when you go in X season because it's hot in summer.
    Now, that's the way you submit it. The way it will appear on GT.com, is like this:

Bodie is the best ghost town in the world. It's super, it's awesome, and has many standing structures.

The history of Bodie is that some people settled here for some reason then left for another reason. That reason is a good reason, because X thing happened on X day to make people want to leave the town.

The town has X amount of standing buildings and X amount of neat things to see. Visiting is best when you go in X season because it's hot in summer.
    The <p> becomes invisible.

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by jade View Post
    I also email a correction/ update for Bennington Pennsylvania. Form the correction and update page it has a warning box that says

"WARNING: Ghosttowns.com employs the use of ASK (Anti-Spam-Killer). The first time you send us an email, it will not get to us. It will bounce back to you so watch for it. When it bounces back to you, it will tell you that you tried to send an email to us, but it didnt get there and that you need to reply to that email so we know it was really you that was sending the mail and not a spammer. Once you hit reply to the bounce back, you will be added to our whitelist and you will never have to do that again and you will be able to send email like normal. If you do not reply to the bounce back, we will never get your email. Thanks.

I sent out a correction on the 1st and the 3rd and I have gotten no bounce back email.

My web browser is firefox could this be the problem should I use Internet explore to send emails?

Inernet Explorer and Firefox are not email applications. You click the email link, and what opens up is your email client program, be it Microsoft Outlook, or Outlook Express. I personally use Thunderbird.

So, it does not matter if you are browsing the site with Firefox or IE or not.

If you doubt that the email got through, you can send a private message, on this forum, to www.ghosttowns.com, the moderator and website host.

(Find his post above and click on his username for options to message him.)

Thread Information