Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Music?

tuutuutango Guest

Default Music?

Is there anyway to disable the music on this webiste? I like to listen to CDs on my computer while surfing, and the twanging banjos interfere with my music. Each time I get on GT, I have to shut down my audio.

Thanks
    22Tango
    Last edited by tuutuutango; 02-01-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: fixed a face

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I would just say no, but since "no" is too short of a message to post, I'll say "no, not at all".
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Ghosttowns.com is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

just mute the midi fader in your sound control panel - then you can still pay cd's and any other audio

Or you can use firefox and it won't play the banjos.

campp is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by bob3 was bob2 View Post
    Or you can use firefox and it won't play the banjos.
    OK good, thought I was going deaf

Here's my vote on making the music optional. It's set to an unusually loud volume, it's the wrong style for the region, and moreover it's just intrusive to have sound without any user intervention.

FWIW, I use FireFox and I still get the audio. If there's a way to turn it off I'd visit here more often; please let me know how.

tuutuutango Guest

Default Dueling Banjos (or Pain In The ??? Banjos)

I have Firefox, yet still the Banjos "raise their ugly head" or I should say "shout their twanging chords."

What I do on my Sony VAIO running Windows XP... look for the small speaker icon on the lower (left-side) tool bar at the bottom of your screen. Click on that tiny speaker and you'll be given the option of totally muting the banjos, OR you can adjust the slider to an audio level that is less annoying.

On my Macs, it is very easy, on a Windows computer, just a little more complicated, but it can be done.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
    Here's my vote on making the music optional. It's set to an unusually loud volume, it's the wrong style for the region, and moreover it's just intrusive to have sound without any user intervention.

FWIW, I use FireFox and I still get the audio. If there's a way to turn it off I'd visit here more often; please let me know how.

I do realize some folks have a pet peeve regarding music, or any number of other petty annoyances. But this resource is worth the small effort to either turn the pc speaker volume down, quickly click over the initial banjo music to get here, or figure out how to disable it.

But to actually state that you'd visit here more often if it weren't for the music leads me to believe you may have deeper issues. Perhaps if you resolved those 1st, this site would seem more "user friendly" to ya. And there's always therapy if all else fails.

I remember a customer walked out of a barber shop because the owner refused to turn off the Muzak while he got his haircut.

QUICK SILVER MESSENGER SERVICE.(what about me?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUszp9QFmq4
    Last edited by Kelly; 03-07-2008 at 08:32 PM.

Kelly
    Socorro N.M.

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

I second the motion, in Internet Explorer you can turn off web page sounds in the Options, but I cannot figure it out for Firefox.

The music glitches, my sound card is quite old and it's the ac 97 codex stuff.

Sometimes when the banjos start there's a super-loud SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEET!!!!!!!!!!

sound of static that not only hurts my ears but makes me jump out of my chair.

That feedback is louder than the music itself.

The music isn't bad at all, I like it. I'd just request a play button with pause button so I can be prepared for the possible feedback sound at the start of it.

As it goes now, I have to remember to take my headphones off each time I type in www.ghosttowns.com, and if I don't I regret it.

(I have to keep my MIDI volume up because I play online games that require MIDI volume. When the game lulls, I alt-tab and surf the web, sometimes going to gt.com to grab a link for somebody who is interested in the site. )

I introduce people to gt.com by saying "do you know how many ghost towns are in your state?"

Anyways, I'd appreciate a button. Things are more complicated than "turn down your speakers." I don't even have speakers.

Thread Information