Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Music?

Turn it up,

Kelly
    Socorro N.M.

Oh come on, I love the banjos! I vote they stay!

Rachel in Utah
    ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_town_huntress View Post

Rachel in Utah

I'll second that Rachel. Other than a couple of members having trouble disabling the music, it's a well-known ghost-town home page introduction that lasts for about 45 seconds or so if you choose to listen to the entire wav file.

For most members, it plays for a whopping 1.5 seconds during the transition from home page to forum. Though I haven't tried it yet, someone said they went to the forum page and added it to their faves list from there, instead of the home page, bypassing the music altogether.

Folks with coffee nerves should probably switch to decaf instead of worrying about a dam.n banjo music intro (IMO).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I don't care which music they choose to put on the GT website, I'm just thankful the site is there. As many of you who maintain your own websites already know, maintaining them isn't easy and positive feedback instead of complaints is always good to hear.

If you save this forum to your favorites, you can come directly here instead of having to go through the GT website, especially if the music bothers you.

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Smile "Banjos Music"

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_town_huntress View Post

Rachel in Utah
    We agree with Rachel, Laura, Bob, Kelly, and everyone else. We love the music. "Ghost Towns" wouldn't be the same without it.

Johnnie & Sheila

Quote Originally Posted by Tsarevna View Post
    I already explained I don't have any speakers, and no, there's no volume control on my headphones. So if you missed my earlier post, here it is again.

The problem is the horrible loud sound that is much like feedback blasts my ears out 80% of the time I visit the site!!

... Makes you cry out loud from the pain and shock of the noise so much that you throw your headphones off your head!!!!
    Unplug earphones when visiting the site. End of problem.
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Bring back the banjo! Please!?
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Quote Originally Posted by tuutuutango View Post
    Is there anyway to disable the music on this webiste? I like to listen to CDs on my computer while surfing, and the twanging banjos interfere with my music. Each time I get on GT, I have to shut down my audio.

Thanks
    22Tango
    I've been here before over the years, and enjoy the site. It has improved during that time as well.

The two reasons I joined the forum were 1) to ask how to turn off the music and 2) See how I could contribute photos.

Seems that the answer to the irritating music is, shut off the speakers, deal with it, make changes to my computer, yank the plug on the speakers, or put up with the noise. I have other sound sources running and I often surf the web from work.

No I don't care if you were playing something else, it's just an irritation and imposition and doesn't add to the excellent site content. Maybe Firefox will come out with a music killer plugin some day.

Good news, it only appears to work on the maps and front page. Please don't fix it.

About #2 I'll be working on that. I did some searching, however minimal and don't see size or quality guidelines anywhere.

Do you reduce the images and do the extra work, or would it be better if I submitted already edited and size adjusted images?

I'd like to contribute but wonder if I can make it easier for you by pre-processing a little before submitting.

Keep up the nice site, your work is appreciated.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    I do realize some folks have a pet peeve regarding music, or any number of other petty annoyances. But this resource is worth the small effort to either turn the pc speaker volume down, quickly click over the initial banjo music to get here, or figure out how to disable it.

But to actually state that you'd visit here more often if it weren't for the music leads me to believe you may have deeper issues. Perhaps if you resolved those 1st, this site would seem more "user friendly" to ya. And there's always therapy if all else fails.

I remember a customer walked out of a barber shop because the owner refused to turn off the Muzak while he got his haircut.
    What I want to know, is how to turn off the oompah band inside my head.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    What I want to know, is how to turn off the oompah band inside my head.

Thread Information