Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Diamond

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Black Diamond

Found it!

I did not find a graveyard though. It might be there, somewhere, but in all that loose rock, it didn't show itself. There is no access for vehicles. Anyone that wants to visit, is going to have to go in by foot with no trail.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

WOW! Joel After all this time, it's been found. Congrats! I hope Brian10x is reading this post, the Black Diamond was his baby, he risked life and limb during his attempts to find it.
    Is it on private property? Did you go into the mine?

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Wow!
    Great find Joel!
    I made several attempts to find the mine, but had to turn back due to the trail being too dangerous and unpassable.
    (For my 4x4)

I'm very curious to know if you took the back trail there like I tried to:
    http://forums.ghosttowns.com/showthr...=black+diamond

Joel, I also read that there were still ore carts, tracks, mining machinery there. Did you see any of that?

Anyway, major congradulations for finding the Black Diamond! Please post more details and pictures if you have them!

Brian
    Last edited by brian10x; 02-10-2008 at 05:57 AM.

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Thanks! The trail did resemble one I took. They don't post many FR signs in the Dragoons for some reason. I started in Henry Canyon and followed a road east and then south (going to China Peak?). I had to go across the slope of Black Diamond Peak on foot. There are no trails across the Peak and there are several tailings to be wary of while walking across. The online maps of the area are not very accurate.
    There are tracks in two spots, but no machines to be seen. There is some semi recent activity to be seen.

As far as I could tell, I was in the Coronado National Forest. I came across no fences!

Great find. Thanks for sharing......Speedy

I will be posting more pics on my web site soon! Also a quick trip report on cactus lovers.

http://www.cactuslovers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=425
    Last edited by Joel; 02-10-2008 at 07:28 AM.

Awesome pics Joel! Thanks for bringing them to the board.

Brian, ya knucklehead, great to see you back here! Hope your business is doing well, we missed you.
    Goat
    -Refuse the blindfold, accept the cigarette, and have a laugh with the firing squad-

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Why didn't you start with a hard one Joel? JK...

Nice find, it's got to be one of the last in SE AZ with a standing headframe. It's surprising you found recent workings since it is not accessable by vehicle. Great shots of some undisturbed history.
    V
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

WOW! I am just green with envy, but really pleased for you too, Joel. Must be a great feeling. It sounds like you really put in an effort to get there, so its great to see all that rewarded.
    I know it's just a matter of posting frequency but I suggest you've definitely gone from "newbie" to Primo in one jump! Great pictures, great find.
    I came to this site when Brian was still stalking the Black Diamond, so it's great to have some continuity and see it resolved.

Those mine props look in really good nick. How old would you say they are? Is that the evidence of recent work you talked of or evidence of how dry the desert air is?

That red flag in the shaft?.....????
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Thread Information