Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zena, Oregon, new ghost town

campp is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Angry Give me a break

Quote Originally Posted by mcnarycherry View Post
    I would like to tell you about a church its called Spring Valley Zena church. Many people told me that it was a haunted church. So a group of my friends and myself decide to go and check it out. When we got there we just ignored the no trespassing signs. Which we knew was wrong but we still did it any ways. Then the keepers of the church came out and did a citizens arrest on us until the local authorities came. When the authorities got there we were placed under arrest and the cop gave us a citation. We went to court we got booked. They handcuffed us and took us down to jail. I have never been so embarrassed in my whole life. They finger printed us and asked us a whole punch of questions., they took are pictures. When we went back to the court for are punishment we got 1,000-dollar fine and 64 hours of community service. So I’m telling everyone not to go out to Zena church because you will be arrested and charged with trespassing in the second degree. And the judge said if he see’s anymore of these cases he would put you in jail. So do not go to this church.
    Oh brother...

Hurray for the judge!
    Last edited by campp; 07-01-2008 at 01:25 PM.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    I went there once in the early morning, around 9 am, and there was blood dripping from the door in the church. It was kinda creepy, no evp's tho. Now it has been removed from alot of ghost sites. I think the owners have had enough.
    How do you know it was blood?

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by greenmeanie View Post
    I went there once in the early morning, around 9 am, and there was blood dripping from the door in the church. It was kinda creepy, no evp's tho. Now it has been removed from alot of ghost sites. I think the owners have had enough.

That wasn't blood, it was red paint. The door had just been painted and the sun beating on it caused some excessive paint to run.

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

there was blood dripping from the door in the church. It was kinda creepy
    My! You don't see something like that every day either. Funny how it's just
    kinda creepy
    I'd imagine that it would be beyond that.
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    My! You don't see something like that every day either. Funny how it's just I'd imagine that it would be beyond that.
    The only time I've ever seen that was when I was forcibly ejected and excommunicated from the Latitudinarian church.

The saddest thing was that I was the founder.

Cool write up and site. When I was living in Vancouver, WA I never got into GTing, D**n what I was missing in those years.

well, since you all seem to have all the answers for me, I wont share any more experiences at this site. FU** you all.

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. Otherwise...

H.L. Mencken

What I want to know, if greenmeanie is psychic, then why didn't he see all this coming?

H.L. Mencken

Default Dont post as ghost til ya been there!

Good research on your article, but the "reports" that its haunted are false. I read all this stuff on the internet and it had me intrigued, so since I live in Salem, I visted the church.

I found I have been there before and my great grandparents are even buried there. I went by Friday night at midnight and deputies were removing 5 teenagers from the fenced property. So I decided to go back on Sunday about noon with my boyfriend.

There were 3 little old people visiting in the church, it seems their congregation is mostly dead, old or gone and very few of them are able to make it now. I asked if I could take pictures around the property and they were more than happy to allow me.

In fact, when they were leaving, one of the old ladies asked if I wanted to take pictures of the inside
    **** yeah!

Apparently, due to the stupid stories kids have made up about "ghosts", they have had extensive vandelism and property damage. An american flag from the late 1800's and a large organ was stolen. You can see pictures of the flag online, it was huge and had an old man next to it.

Now they have a tall black fence & gate up to protect it as much as they can, but rumors are ruthless! She helped me find my greatgrandparents on the plot map and when we were about to leave, she asked if I wanted to ring the church bell!

How many ghosties let you have that once in a lifetime?! It sounded so good, you would never know it was a 150 years old! She told me they are having a 150 year celebration for the church on November 1st, 2009.....I want to go, you should check it out too. I felt so bad for these poor little old people, they just want to enjoy their church and its history. And all kids can do is spread lies and steal.
    Get some morals & respect, people!

You know, the church faces east too.
    Even though all the ghost sites say otherwise. So here is your moral for the day; find out for your self what true and whats not, before you pass it on.

Also, the old comunity center still stands and has activities...its on the other side of Brush College Rd aways, when you come out of the church, turn right. When Zena Rd joins back into Brush College, go straight across the road for a mile or 2. It will be on your left when you come to a fork in the road.

Thread Information