Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: What type of vehicle gets you there?

Introducing “Old Blue”.

I’ve got her up for sale, but just on the windows… never advertised her in a paper. I guess I don’t advertise her too aggressively because I would probably loose her sooner, and I just hate the thought of that, she has been a trusted part of the family for years now.
    Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

The old 92 Nissan short bed has been a trooper and finally after 12 years I am just now starting to throw some money at it. Best vehicle I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    The old 92 Nissan short bed has been a trooper and finally after 12 years I am just now starting to throw some money at it. Best vehicle I've ever owned.
    Don't ruin the "Rocky Mountain Pin Striping"
    Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check, because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo2 View Post
    Don't ruin the "Rocky Mountain Pin Striping"
    I have no intentions to

I had a 82 Datsun pickup King cab 4x4 that I dumped a bunch of money into then sold it to my folks in 86, they drove it until 03 then gave it back to me and I drove it again until last spring until someone tried to steal it and Insurance totalled it because they did so much damage to it. I got $1,200.oo for it from them and I was going to sale it for $600. so I made out on the deal. Thanks to the stupid car thief. LOL Great truck, the engine had been rebuild once after mom had drove it after blowing a hose and burned up the motor. That thing just ran and ran. It was still running great when they thief tore it up trying to hot wire it.
    rupe
    Coodinator Oregon Chapter of 4x4him.org
    Member of Handgunhunt.com
    Expeditionportal.com
    PNWbackroadadventure.com
    Handgunhunt.com
    wheelersforthewounded.com
    militaryjeepers.com
    If you don't like logging then try using plastic toilet
    paper.
    Exploring Oregon in a Jeep
    Tread Lightly
    <><

asapi will have a choice of three a 67 gmc pickup a 71 dodge powerwagon crew cab a 68 dodge camper special crew now to go rob a bank to work on my trucks .............BEAR
    just a old hillbilly looking to see what i can see

1990 2WD 2500 plain white dodge ram with a cummins turbo diesel, when i put my yellow hazard light on the roof i look just like a state owned work truck if you get my drift and i never get questioned......that truck is only for urban exploration if i know im staying on pavement. if im going to possibly get a little dirty ill break out my 4x4 1996 dodge ram 2500 also with a cummins turbo diesel and go searching and if it gets real bad ill just tow my 86 Chevy K5 blazer to the spot and use it cause its already beat all to heck and dosent have a top

along with my whole other slew of trucks

BEARS TOYS i got a 1977 dodge D350 2wd extended cab long bed dually with a 440/auto thats only got 70K original miles on it with working cruise and A/C......i got it for 3500 cash.......needs a little work but well worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by LOGANSTANFORTH View Post
    1990 2WD 2500 plain white dodge ram with a cummins turbo diesel, when i put my yellow hazard light on the roof i look just like a state owned work truck if you get my drift and i never get questioned......that truck is only for urban exploration if i know im staying on pavement. if im going to possibly get a little dirty ill break out my 4x4 1996 dodge ram 2500 also with a cummins turbo diesel and go searching and if it gets real bad ill just tow my 86 Chevy K5 blazer to the spot and use it cause its already beat all to heck and dosent have a top

along with my whole other slew of trucks

BEARS TOYS i got a 1977 dodge D350 2wd extended cab long bed dually with a 440/auto thats only got 70K original miles on it with working cruise and A/C......i got it for 3500 cash.......needs a little work but well worth the money
    Your yellow truck reminded me of something. Years ago I was passed by a white Caprice with an assortment of anntenas during very busy weekend traffic. Everyone slowed down when he was spotted. Once he passed you could read his plate that said "FOOLDYA". I never forgot that one!

it gets you around highway construction too, just pull out on to that fresh black top blocked off with barrels, flip on the flashing light and just cruise for a few miles and get back into traffic.....

a high school teacher of mine's son had bought a old county sheriff's car and they would do the same thing, it was black with yellow stripes, the sheriff's finally told him he had to peel the yellow off......

Default What not to use!!!

Its official, DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT try using a 1982 model mercedes 230 four door sedan as a four wheel drive.

As you all no i am in process of immigrating to your great country and as a result have sold all my toys and was left with my very tired and and gold coast chrome riddled 1982 mercedes 230 (4cyl) 4 door sedan. ( we call rust in your car on the gold coast, gold coast chrome!) My first foray was a rock that puntured right through the rear floor pan, made worse by the fact that the floor was totaly rusted out but hidden under the carpet.Had to jack the car up and push it of the jack to get it of the rock that was wedged up into the rear leg room.
    My second foray and its last, I actually bottomed the motor out on a log that caused the motor to go straight up tearing out the engine mounts and creating a bulge of odd shape in the bonnet. So if the lesson is to be learnt, it is that you should allways have a first aid kit and basic survival kit. Do tell people that you are on walk about and never let your ego get in the way of you or your equipements capabilities.
    There have been some great safety articles written in this forum and i thank the people who wrote them as i was totaly prepared for the impending out come.
    P.S the tracks i was driving on had changed dramaticaly over a period of a month and all adventurers shouldnt assume that the track they are going to drive on will be in the same condition as last time. Lesson learnt.
    rev dr g
    " LOVE MANY - TRUST FEW - ALLWAYS PADDLE YOUR OWN CANOE " (Gilbert Banyon, ww2 Digger)

Thread Information