Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 294

Thread: What type of vehicle gets you there?

  1. #1
    brian10x's Avatar
    brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,138

    Default What type of vehicle gets you there?

    Just an informal poll to break the boredom. Since becoming a member here, I've had a VW Baja Bug, replaced by a Kawasaki ATV, replaced by a Suzuki Samurai, replaced by a Jeep Cherokee, and now a Ford Bronco.

    What takes you to ghost towns?

    Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Renton, WA
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Well, back when I was out west before heading to school, I had quite the unusual ghost-towner.

    Navigating the old dirt logging roads of the Pacific Northwest, along with just the general backroads, I drove a 1962 Ford Fairlane 500, which encountered sticky situations once or twice, but never left me stranded.

    Easily distracted.

    Current distraction: Railroad Depots

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Carson City, NV
    Posts
    96

    Default

    '69 Ford F100 Short Wheelbase 4X4.

    I just decommissioned the '68 Jeepster . . . Too many Rubicon trips.
    Rockcrusher
    110,000 square miles of desert to play in . . . And the government owns 87% of it

  4. #4
    brian10x's Avatar
    brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairlane500 View Post
    Well, back when I was out west before heading to school, I had quite the unusual ghost-towner.

    Navigating the old dirt logging roads of the Pacific Northwest, along with just the general backroads, I drove a 1962 Ford Fairlane 500, which encountered sticky situations once or twice, but never left me stranded.
    WOW! The first thought I got was what a cool hotrod that would make! A 427 and a hood bubble, and it would look a lot like the legendary "Thunderbolt" Fairlanes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #5
    bad bob's Avatar
    bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    WOW! The first thought I got was what a cool hotrod that would make! A 427 and a hood bubble, and it would look a lot like the legendary "Thunderbolt" Fairlanes.


    Well Brian, Nice of you to ask. I'm just driving a 98 Tahoe now, emerald green. Haven't been able to get out with it yet.
    Before that I used my red 77 GMC Van to go on all of my gt'ing excursions.

    Here's photos of both vehicles.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

  6. #6
    brian10x's Avatar
    brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Well Brian, Nice of you to ask. I'm just driving a 98 Tahoe now, emerald green. Haven't been able to get out with it yet.
    Before that I used my red 77 GMC Van to go on all of my gt'ing excursions.

    Here's photos of both vehicles.
    That must be an early 77' GMC, eh?

    Seriously, a huge 2wd van out in the desert? You, sir, are a brave soul.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Wife and I ghosttown on a Harley Ultra Classic......Speedy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    socorro new mexico
    Posts
    288

    Default

    1994 Toyota 4X4


    Kelly
    Socorro N.M.

  9. #9
    brian10x's Avatar
    brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    Wife and I ghosttown on a Harley Ultra Classic......Speedy
    Hellofa dirtbike, that one.

  10. #10
    LauraA's Avatar
    LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Roosevelt, Arizona
    Posts
    1,760

    Talking Jeeps Rule

    '97 TJ....after breaking three out of four motor mounts on our old Corolla, we decided it might be time to step up.
    The Wrangler is pretty much stock, except for skids, 30" ATs, Rancho 5000 shocks and a Rancho steering stabilizer. If the Jeep doesn't go where we want, we walk.
    Old Peep's Jeep
    Name:  225 Steer Skull 008.jpg
Views: 2563
Size:  88.4 KB
    Last edited by LauraA; 03-24-2008 at 06:12 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. An "Atlantis" type of ghost town.
    By Ghosttowns.com in forum History of Ghost Towns and Historical Sites
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-31-2003, 10:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •