Thread: Old bottle info

Default Old bottle info

Hello, I hve attached a pic of a handblown glass bottle I found. I believe the bottle was a beer bottle due to the color, does anyone recognize, or have information where I could find out the actual use of this bottle and perhaps a value?
    Thnks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by nvoldtimer; 03-31-2008 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Spelling

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

We had a brief discussion here on the forum sometime back, here's the link. Antique Bottles - Ghosttowns.com Forums Also, here's a link to a pretty good site to ask about your bottle in particular. DIGGER ODELL BOTTLE PRICE GUIDES
    There are a lot of bottle sites on the web, just type in your search "Old Bottles" and you'll find lots to look at.
    Good Luck.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by nvoldtimer View Post
    Hello, I hve attached a pic of a handblown glass bottle I found. I believe the bottle was a beer bottle due to the color, does anyone recognize, or have information where I could find out the actual use of this bottle and perhaps a value?
    Thnks.
    Great find! I think you might be on the right track. I wish I could be more help.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

If you have some time, you could also hit the State Museum in Carson City, they have quite a collection of old bottles up stairs with a little bit of description. I have some photos of them in fact, it just takes awhile to load them and the other 700 I took up
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Old Bottles - Just down the road a piece is a house for sale. It backs up to a gulley. I asked the owner if I could metal detect in the area. She said yes so I walked out to the gulley to look around. I found these just lying on top of the ground. Don't think any are really old. Probably 1920s to 1940's. Saw a bunch of the old Log Cabin syrup cans like the one in the picture. My daughter and I went back later to detect. Did not get into the gulley yet as we concentrated on the yard. So far no great treasures, plenty of junk, hinges, nails, horseshoes, license plates etc. Looks like I will be having a bottle sale soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

These are great bottles! The little research I did showed that "Screw caps" started being used about 1907-1910. So any without screw caps would be before that time. This type would use a cork or other device to seal them! Have fun!

Thread Information