Thread: Az ghost town camping?

Default Az ghost town camping?

Hello everyone, new to the site. I have lived in Az all my life and seen many ghost towns not knowing they were ghost towns ( road trips, exploring, hiking, etc. ). It was really cool to find this site and has peaked my interest into exploring. Anyway, a buddie and i would like to head out for a complete weekend and hit many of these out of the way ghost towns. So, if you could help with a little planning it would be greatly appreciated. I would like to find ghost towns that we can camp at, and I would like them to be WAY off the beaten path. Anything that is 'In the middle of nowhere". Again, I would like to make this a weekend trip, so the further away from people the better, especially because of camping and not wanting to be bothered. Thank you in advance for your help.

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

What part of the state you in???????
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

I'm in Ahwatukee, but I'm not concerned with traveling. I guess up North would probably be better due to temps, but again, South, East, or West would be fine. Basically wherever would provide the best venture. I camp pretty frequently, but my fiance is not to keen on the idea of camping near abandoned towns, hence going with a friend instead.

By the way, this trip will be in May, that's why I stated the "Temps" comment.

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Does anyone know if the campground in Klondyke is still open? I know the General Store is closed.
    This will give you Klondyke, Aravaipa, Bonita and maybe the Powers Cabin.
    Last edited by Joel; 04-14-2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Wrong info

Angry Just a matter of time

I'M WITH YOU, GETTING AWAY FROM ALL THE PEOPLE. BUT AT THE SAME TIME IT'S KINDA COOL TO RUN INTO SOMEONE " IN THE MIDDLE OF NO WHERE" YOU CAN TRADE INFO ON THE AREA, OR WEAR CAMO LIKE I DO AND STALK THEM FROM THE RIDGE TOPS WATCHING THEM WITH BINOCULARS ( JUST KIDDING!, I DONT LIKE TO TALK TO PEOPLE ) ANY WAY FROM WHAT I'VE FOUND OUT ABOUT GETTING TO REMOTE AREAS. IT TAKES A FULL DAY TO GET TO THESE PLACES. NOT TO MENTION FINDING A CAMP SITE, SETTING UP CAMP, BUILDING A OUT HOUSE, AND SETTING UP PARIMITER TRIP WIRES AND BOOBY TRAPS ( JUST KIDDING, I DON'T BUILD OUT HOUSES, I CRAP IN THE PIT FALLS I DIG! P.S. THROW THE T.P. OFF TO THE SIDE OF THE PATH, THAT DIVERTS THEIR ATTENION AWAY FROM THE PIT FALL, A.K.A POOP MINE SHAFT. DONT BE A POOP MINER!!! REMEMBER WHERE YOU DUG THE TRAP) I DON'T KNOW IF YOUR INTO METAL DETECTING? IF YOU ARE CHECK AROUND OLD CAMP SITES AND CORRALS AND A WASH OR CREEK LEADING AWAY FROM THE SITE, MOST OF THE TIME I JUST FIND SCRAP NAILS, BULLETS,BARB WIRE, BOTTLE AND CAN TOPS AND JUST ABOUT EVERY PIECE OF TRASH THAT THE PEICE OF SH** PEOPLE LEAVE BEHIND IF YOU CAN PACK IT IN! YOU CAN PACK IT OUT! BUT ON THE UPSIDE I HAVE FOUND SOME COOL STUFF! A OLD PUMA HUNTING KNIFE (MADE IN GERMANY) A RED RIBBON BEER BOTTLE OPENER( MADE IN THE MID TO LATE 1800'S) A SIX SIDED CRYSTAL WHILE PANNING FOR GOLD ( NOT WORTH MUCH AS FAR AS MONEY GOES, MAYBE QUARTER FROM WHAT ONE OF MY FRIENDS TOLD ME) BUT IM NOT IN IT FOR THE MONEY ANYWAY, IT'S ABOUT GETTING OUT THERE AND HAVING FUN IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS AND IM SURE OF THE ONE THING YOU WILL FIND OUT THERE, ITS THE SIDE OF YOURSELF YOU LOSE IN THE CITY. HAVE FUN , MAD JACK
    LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT TO SIT ON THE COUCH OR 2 B A POTATO

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I'm sure you didn't do it to be rude, but typing all in caps makes your post really hard to read, and makes it look like you are shouting.

Thanks
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post
    I'm sure you didn't do it to be rude, but typing all in caps makes your post really hard to read, and makes it look like you are shouting.

Thanks
    Brian
    Ok, i'll take it down a notch. I did'nt think of it that way. Just so every body knows, the only time i would have been yelling, was when i wrote "PEICE OF SH** PEOPLE" , littering really does really urk me. Anyway thanks for bringing that to my attenion. Sincerely, not so mad jack
    LIFE IS WAY TO SHORT TO SIT ON THE COUCH OR 2 B A POTATO

Thread Information