Thread: Deeth, NV

Default Deeth, NV

Last summer I was coming back from Utah and stopped at Deeth and Wells NV which are in our site. I talked with the postwoman in Deeth and I guess she had been raised in Deeth. Hopefully I can cet thes pics to download.Name:  024.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  99.4 KBThis is the postallady's moms house and is for sale. over 100 yrs old

Name:  016.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  102.2 KB

Name:  034.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  027.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  93.8 KB
    Deeth was a dairy town and I belive the train used to stop there. Train still goes through just doesn't stop Hence another semi ghost town.

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by teds280z View Post
    Last summer I was coming back from Utah and stopped at Deeth and Wells NV which are in our site. I talked with the postwoman in Deeth and I guess she had been raised in Deeth. Hopefully I can cet thes pics to download.Name:  024.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  99.4 KBThis is the postallady's moms house and is for sale. over 100 yrs old

Name:  016.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  102.2 KB

Name:  034.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  98.8 KB

Name:  027.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  93.8 KB
    Deeth was a dairy town and I belive the train used to stop there. Train still goes through just doesn't stop Hence another semi ghost town.

Sayyyyy nice job there, Ted, thanks for the great photos. We usually stop at Elko overnnight, but I like Wells too, and never paid much attention to Deeth. Now since you brought it up, it'll be a place to make time for. I'm guessing there were more than just 4 houses, right?

You say you went through Wells? How badly was it damaged in the earthquake last year? How are they recovering? How much of it was destroyed? We stopped there briefly a couple years ago to get a tire fixed so I got a quick chance to look around while we were there. I am just curious as to how things are coming with the rebuilding efforts.

Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Thumbs up

Nice pictures Ted. Glad you got them uploaded.

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Neat looking place!
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

Default Deeth

There was more there. A ranch that is gradually going to the elements and several bldgs spread around. If you stop talk with the postal lady, she knows alot of the history.

Great pics, Ted. I really hope I can get out that way in the Spring...Speedy

Rachel. I posted several pics of Old Town Wells on another thread.

Thread Information