Thread: Our next president?

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Our next president?

Sorry, I deleted my post. It was inappropriate for the forum.
    Last edited by brian10x; 05-02-2008 at 09:10 PM.

I wonder if we can all call whoever it is and put a bug in their ear about saving our history. Better than backing the oil co. and Iraq. I can get a White House phone #. Alson mining companies.
    Last edited by teds280z; 05-03-2008 at 05:39 AM.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by teds280z View Post
    I wonder if we can all call whoever it is and put a bug in their ear about saving our history. Better than backing the oil co. and Iraq. I can get a White House phone #. Also on mining companies.

Yep Ted, I wish something could be done, but I suspect things will get a whole lot worse before long. Here in Arizona there's a big movement underway to eradicate abandoned mines all over the state. It's been brought to the forefront because of the accident last year where two little girls in Northern Arizona accidentally drove their ATV into an uncovered, unmarked mine shaft while riding in the desert with their father. (They were off road and NOT on a trail at the time, which in itself is illegal to do) Sadly, one of the girls was killed.
    The state mine inspector has posted a complaint form on their website for people to complain about and submit abandoned mine locations. Unfortunately, when they close off a mine here, they also see fit to obliterate any remaining buildings and what they call "trash" laying around the site. If we want our kids and their kids, etc., to see these places, we'd better take lots of pictures before it's too late.
    Here's a good site with updated lists of political contacts. Hey, it never hurts to sound off once in a while, let 'em know we're out here and that we DO have legitimate concerns.....
    Complete E-Mail Addresses for Congress, Senate, Governors & State Legislators
    ...and here's this one, for all the good it'll do us contacting a lame duck. Contacting the White House
    Last edited by LauraA; 05-03-2008 at 08:29 AM.

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I wonder if the mines were marked at all. I see many with no signs, warnings and fencing at all. As long as Arizona keeps growing at the obscene rate that it is, these unfortunate accidents will keep happening due to houses coming into what was once wilderness and rural areas.

I've noticed that most new-comers refuse to listen to anyone concerning the desert or the surrounding areas around their houses. A lady a few months ago who built on the edge of athe Coronado National Forest complained about a mountain lion who liked her tennis court and kept her kids inside the house comes to mind. When did America get so thick headed or are other states dumping their twits on us?
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

In keeping with the spirit of the deleted posting:
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    I wonder if the mines were marked at all. I see many with no signs, warnings and fencing at all. As long as Arizona keeps growing at the obscene rate that it is, these unfortunate accidents will keep happening due to houses coming into what was once wilderness and rural areas.

I've noticed that most new-comers refuse to listen to anyone concerning the desert or the surrounding areas around their houses. A lady a few months ago who built on the edge of athe Coronado National Forest complained about a mountain lion who liked her tennis court and kept her kids inside the house comes to mind. When did America get so thick headed or are other states dumping their twits on us?
    Hi Joel,
    That's the problem with city critters.Many,not all, are twits.
    Some of them ain't got enough horse sense to last them to the end of the year.
    Last edited by 45-70Ranger; 05-06-2008 at 12:19 PM. Reason: grammatical

Thread Information