Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Can I Live?

Quote Originally Posted by teds280z View Post
    Also in Ione, NV another almost ghost around Gabbs, Berlin area,Berlin is a GT. These are in about the center of the state. There is a road between Berlin and Ione just not totally maintained but passable.
    My webpage recounting a 2006 camping trip at Ione and others nearby (and also Gabbs) is at:

http://www.gbr.4wdtrips.net/trips/t2006a.htm

Lots of photos of each place.

For a humorous look at a mid-1980s trip in the same region, plus historical facts about the towns, see my page at:

http://www.gbr.4wdtrips.net/essays/ione.html
    Last edited by David A. Wright; 07-01-2008 at 04:49 PM.
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

Thanks teds, all of them look great, but what I'm looking for is a little more like what David was suggesting, only, close to a hospital and other such things. Midas seems just about perfect, except for that it is a 2.5 hour ride in the case of a medical emergency. And that is assuming I have a way to get there. Any others?

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Omar, Just to make sure I'm getting this straight...you want to live in a remote town of about 40 population, in the middle of nowhere, close to a hospital, that offers part time employment in your specialized field, for two months while you spend your spare time admiring your manly collection of pez toys. ? !

Here's my suggestion, quit yanking our chain & go chase your tail.

<
    Last edited by Vulture; 07-02-2008 at 10:55 AM.
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

My plans is to move into a ghost town in AZ and live in my rv. In this manner I can have most of my needs like electric and water and still a roof over my head. With solar panels and a generator one should be able to live in comfort.

My plans is to move into a ghost town in AZ and live in my rv. In this manner I can have most of my needs like electric and water and still a roof over my head. With solar panels and a generator one should be able to live in comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    Omar, Just to make sure I'm getting this straight...you want to live in a remote town of about 40 population, in the middle of nowhere, close to a hospital, that offers part time employment in your specialized field, for two months while you spend your spare time admiring your manly collection of pez toys. ? !

<
    Actually Vulture,
    Just encase I was not clear in my other posts, I am looking for a small town that is not much further than 1.5 hours to a hospital encase of an unforseen medical emergency. I will take any type of employment, but am certified to teach, which helps with finding work because I can substitute teach any subject. As per my PEZ collection, for a two month trip it shant be coming with me for a two month venture. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them, or are you done being a jerk for no reason?
    Last edited by OmarJXII; 07-02-2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by hummingbird View Post
    That doesn't sound like too bad of an idea, except that I am already looking at at least $500 in travel costs to get out that way and another $500 or so to get back. I don't have an RV to travel in and even if I did, I would be looking at a much higher gas cost. As per water and electricity, as long as there is somewhere I can get clean water I should be okay. I've lived without electricity before and it would be no problem to do it again. But, if this should become a long term desire, maybe I'll look into the same thing.

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by OmarJXII View Post
    Actually Vulture,
    Just encase I was not clear in my other posts, I am looking for a small town that is not much further than 1.5 hours to a hospital encase of an unforseen medical emergency. I will take any type of employment, but am certified to teach, which helps with finding work because I can substitute teach any subject. As per my PEZ collection, for a two month trip it shant be coming with me for a two month venture. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them, or are you done being a jerk for no reason?
    What!? Do mine eyes deceive me? I was sure as I could be this is a complete spoof that...well...I just couldn't take it seriously, but I do now. Your reckless spirit is untamed. I believe you are a genuine seeker.

Although I find your proposition incredible, what the H ell, best of luck.

No hard feelings I hope, & let us know how it goes.

I shant bother you no more.

<
    Last edited by Vulture; 07-02-2008 at 02:01 PM.
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post

<

Deleted because problem was solved peacefully. Mea Culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.
    Last edited by bad bob; 07-02-2008 at 03:01 PM. Reason: already solved

OmarJXII - I've read your private message but haven't responded to it yet. Please be patient. I don't have Internet connection at home, just getting it from the library hot spot an hour away now and then. I didn't have the battery power at the time to respond, and still plan to, but want to take the time to write up something intelligent in NotePad, then copy and past into a PM back to you.

As for Midas, if you check out the Midas page on this site, you'll see photos I submitted from a trip in 2001. At the time, Midas' historic school was just restored and was a beautiful building inside and out. I stopped by Midas a month ago and found the building had burned to the ground. A real shame. The school was used as a town center and museum, as there are no school aged children.

As for your concerns about hospital, the nearest hospital to Midas is in Winnemucca, about 1.5 hours away. The dirt road to Midas is maintained and can be as smooth as a paved highway.

As for Jarbidge, the nearest hospital would be Twin Falls, Idaho, which would be in the neighborhood of 2.5-3.5 hours away. There is a school in Jarbidge, in an old single wide mobile home, but it's boarded shut upon my last visit, likely because there is no school aged children there. The majority of Jarbidge's population is 50+ years old.
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

Thread Information