Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Planning a Group Trip to Lucky S August 2nd!

Update...we are now meeting Ron at the Chevron at the Janesville exit at 8:00 AM...(I will be bright eyed and still on Eastern time)...

For me meeting at Janesville is at least an hour (each way) out of the way. It's a bunch shorter and easier for me to come up via Taylorsville and meet at the lake.

Ted mentioned going in to the Lucky S via Hungry Creek Rd.

If that's still the case I'll be at the parking lot at the west end of the Dam @ Antelope Lake by 8:30. I'll be in my Silver 06 Taco..... RON

I think Ron, that you don't need to be at the dam until 0900 as we have the drive from Janesville up and I have to stop at my campsite briefly. I am staying at the Long Point Campground and the host I met is Don. This is on the short way to the dam. I guess you know what I drive by my avitar. Onederwomyn and Ron what do you think about lunch up there? I can bring hamburgers, condiments, buns and my campstove. Nothing line lunch in a early 1900's town. Somebody needs to bring chips,and anything else. The drinks or we all bring our own? I am looking forward to meeting you all and bring everyone that wants to come I will just need a count so I know how much food.

9:00ish at the dam it is. 99% of the time I go thru there on my Motorcyce and it's about 20mins from the dam to Janesville. I forget I'm on 4 wheels and need to double the travel time.....

Burgers sound great. I'll grab a couple of bags of chips Fri eve and some other munchies. I agree, bring your own drinks....

Looking forward to this... RON

PS I'll be flying solo this trip.

Sounds good, I might make that fast I just don't know how many other drivers will be chasing me as I'll use the road like a road course.

Well CRAP, due to 2 new fires near Belden and Rich Bar. Both of which are rich (no pun intended) in mining history. Hwy 70 is closed from the Hwy 89 Wye (10 miles west of Quincy) west/downstream to nearly Pulga. If they don't clean this up fast I'll have to take the long way around to get to the lake Sat morning......

I'll still be there, just may be a bit more ragged around the edges than normal.... Note to self, Self, bring x-tra Diet Pepsi....

How much extra time will you need? Having been up Hungry Creek it won't take as long to get to the Lucky S. First time I went up I went up a couple of unintential roads. How did the fires start? Have you heard from onederwomyn?

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Ye gods! Don't tell me Belden escaped destruction with the fires in early July, just to be destroyed in early Aug!

*crosses fingers*

I remember having a sandwich there with my parents about age 4 or 5. They sat me down in the old saloon part of this restaurant/inn, and I didn't eat my sandwich.

My parents probably rolled their eyes, "Kids! they say they want something, then turn their nose up at it!"

Well, I wasn't being a brat. There was this ancient stuffed deer head on the wall, just above the table, that was so moth-eaten and dusty with spiderwebs in it's antlers that it looked positively gothic. I was too scared of it to eat!

O man, I hope that historic inn doesn't burn.

Quote Originally Posted by teds280z View Post
    How much extra time will you need? Having been up Hungry Creek it won't take as long to get to the Lucky S. First time I went up I went up a couple of unintential roads. How did the fires start? Have you heard from onederwomyn?
    9:00 is still good. I'll just leave a bit earlier than planned. No worries... See Ya Sat

You got it. I will be leaving tomorrow morning, extra day for fishing, so won't be online after 5 AM. See you all Sat. Bring boots, you never know if a nail or something will pop up and get you.

Thread Information