Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planning a Group Trip to Lucky S August 2nd!

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hey! Don't forget to take pictures! We're expecting a full report with photos when you all get back. Have a fun, safe trip!

I'm charging up both cameras and will bring both. Maybe I know how to work them now????

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Yeah, don't forget photographing the eastern approach and writing down the directions.

We came, we saw, we left....

Ted and the Girls took a bunch of pics. Maybe they will post them for our enjoyment.

Due to a navigation error we made a complete circuit around the town and ended up coming up the same way Tsarevna did. Which by the way is do-able (if it's a Tacoma Prerunner, the ground clearance and wheel travel will get you through) in a 2wd truck. The Girls suffered a flat tire near the town and we had to limp out to pavement before putting the temp spare on. My air tank held enuf air to fill it up a time or two on the way.

All in all a great day. I'm going back this fall with my 4X4 when there's about 6" to a foot of snow on the ground. Should make for a really neat trip with some really neat pics..... RON

Ahh! Home sweet home! I made it home Thursday, but have been busy since then.

This was the first part of the vacation and pretty much got us ready for anything else we encountered the rest of the time

As Ron stated, it was a bit of a struggle with navigation and the flat tire, but totally worth it. The place in Cali actually fixed the tire for free too!! We met so many friendly people (Ron and Ted especially) out in California/Nevada.

We wouldn't have made it out without Ron and his air tank and my friend and I will be forever in his debt. As soon as life gets caught up a bit, I will post all of the pictures and get my thank yous out to Ron and Ted....

p.s., the trip up that mountain (either way really) is not for the faint of heart. My friend and I were remarking that most women would have been bawling!

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Well.....hurry up!
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Wow this is weird. Cot an e-mail for a reply to this thread. This was a great trip we all had. Got turned around on the eastern access and onderwoman had a flat but still alot of fun. Onderwoman or GS Ron if your out there I'd like to hear from you.
    I'm not a Republican
    I'm not a Democrat
    I'm an American

and I want my Country back

Thread Information