Thread: Anyone see this?

Default Anyone see this?

I just stumbled on Fearless Leader's shout-out on Yahoo! Article. Awesome! ^_^

EDIT- I apologize if this has already been posted >_<
    Crazy girl Photographing Ghost Towns! Great Success!!!

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Hey, that's GREAT!
    I can highly recommend Clint's site too, if it's an unknown quantity to anyone else.
    (I was planning a day trip to an old Victorian gold-mine this weekend, but the rain has been incessant and I'm told there's snow, to boot. Warm and cosy sounds good, anyway!)
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie's Boots View Post
    I just stumbled on Fearless Leader's shout-out on Yahoo! Article. Awesome! ^_^

EDIT- I apologize if this has already been posted >_<
    Thank you for posting that . I was unaware of that article!

Yes thanks for posting that,IMO if more of the public sees the DOMG is ruining our history maybe more of the public will get involved look what they did here http://www.goldrushexpeditions.com/G...008Recfail.htmI sure hope some of you folks in other states dont have this kind of a problem.
    Jeff

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by jbodine View Post
    I sure hope some of you folks in other states dont have this kind of a problem.

In Nevada, it's really just around Reno and around Vegas. Basically because that's where the stupid people that fall down shafts live. So when they fall down a shaft or get a splinter from a building, they cry till the BLM or Forestry fills in the holes that just pop up out of no where and tear down the big scary rickety buildings. Then they post lots of signs till they feel safe that other fellow stupid people won't get hurt by not being responsible. In the rest of the state, they put up some wire and a sign around the shaft and leave it at that. And even those that are that way are few and far between. Seems they have a nack to live around history with out having to erase it for their lack of being able to safely live life.

If it's the occasional shaft, I see no real issue. But when there's structures, equipment, and abundant history in that particular site involved, it annoys the H E double hockey sticks right out of me. I don't need a bunch of desk jockey outdoorsmen want-to-be G-men and Yuppies telling me what's safe and what's really of importance historically.

And thanks for posting the article link Natalie. I didn't know we had so many famous members
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    In Nevada, it's really just around Reno and around Vegas. Basically because that's where the stupid people that fall down shafts live. So when they fall down a shaft or get a splinter from a building, they cry till the BLM or Forestry fills in the holes that just pop up out of no where and tear down the big scary rickety buildings. Then they post lots of signs till they feel safe that other fellow stupid people won't get hurt by not being responsible. In the rest of the state, they put up some wire and a sign around the shaft and leave it at that. And even those that are that way are few and far between. Seems they have a nack to live around history with out having to erase it for their lack of being able to safely live life.

If it's the occasional shaft, I see no real issue. But when there's structures, equipment, and abundant history in that particular site involved, it annoys the H E double hockey sticks right out of me. I don't need a bunch of desk jockey outdoorsmen want-to-be G-men and Yuppies telling me what's safe and what's really of importance historically.

And thanks for posting the article link Natalie. I didn't know we had so many famous members
    LOL!!! Well put........I don't understand how all of these places around the country that have bee in existance for 150 200 yrs. are all of a sudden some sort of a threat now.I am sure the DOGM could find something else to do maybe they need to look into manufacturing bubble rap suits for the sensitive part of society.
    Jeff

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

The problem is the west itself. Where once these places rested in peace, there are now 1,000's of goom-bahs roaming all over the place since civilization draws nearer and nearer to these places every day.
    These new-comers have no sense of history for the most part.
    Last edited by Joel; 07-18-2008 at 05:33 PM.
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

It's part of the entitlement complex people have... One of the perils of modern Western culture- people want it NOW and they don't want to make any effort to get it and if the slightest inconvenience happens to them it's suddenly a disaster. Sad, really.
    I'm glad to see articles like this showing that there are people out there trying to preserve history!
    Crazy girl Photographing Ghost Towns! Great Success!!!

Gravelrash is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie's Boots View Post
    It's part of the entitlement complex people have...
    You nailed it, mate! We've raised a generation of our own worst fears!
    "Those were great old days. Everthing is very quiet now, isn't it?" Elfego Baca

Thread Information