Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cripple Creek Ghost Town for sale

Default Cripple Creek Ghost Town for sale

Hi, My name is Dala and I am a new member. I have been lucky enough to of purchased a Ghost Town in Packwood WA over 20 years ago. I moved to Orofino Idaho when I got married and had to leave my sancuary. This is the only reason I have decided to sell it. I have only listed it on Ebay which is now active. A little history. It was built in 1962 as a 1800 replica. It has a 2 story house with full balcony, which is spose to resemble a old hotel and next to it is the Dry Gulch Saloon, Black Smith shop and Wells Fargo Bank and across the yards are the Marshals office and Tombsone General Store. It's by the Cowlitz River, which I have had alot of fun rafting. There are alot of elk that also call this home. I have been really busy there painting the main house. When I bought it there we're alot of tourist but I wanted it to raise horses and Rottweilers. I had 18 of each and later decided to rent out the cabins nightly but that was alot of work for one person so the last 10 years rented the cabins out by the month. Since I have moved I had some renters from **** so resently kicked everyone out and started the clean up process. When my husband retires in 2 years we want to grab our gold pans and travel to Ghost Towns across the east. Can't wait. Dala

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by ilove2snorkel View Post
    Hi, My name is Dala and I am a new member. I have been lucky enough to of purchased a Ghost Town in Packwood WA over 20 years ago. I moved to Orofino Idaho when I got married and had to leave my sancuary. This is the only reason I have decided to sell it. I have only listed it on Ebay which is now active. A little history. It was built in 1962 as a 1800 replica. It has a 2 story house with full balcony, which is spose to resemble a old hotel and next to it is the Dry Gulch Saloon, Black Smith shop and Wells Fargo Bank and across the yards are the Marshals office and Tombsone General Store. It's by the Cowlitz River, which I have had alot of fun rafting. There are alot of elk that also call this home. I have been really busy there painting the main house. When I bought it there we're alot of tourist but I wanted it to raise horses and Rottweilers. I had 18 of each and later decided to rent out the cabins nightly but that was alot of work for one person so the last 10 years rented the cabins out by the month. Since I have moved I had some renters from **** so resently kicked everyone out and started the clean up process. When my husband retires in 2 years we want to grab our gold pans and travel to Ghost Towns across the east. Can't wait. Dala

Just a minor technicality Dala. You didn't buy, nor are you selling a "ghost town". As you stated it's a REPLICA, and I imagine you are listing it as such.

If any movies have been shot there, you could also list it as a MOVIE SET.
    You shouldn't have any problems selling the place though, there does seem to be some interest for that.
    What's the asking price, # of habitable buildings, acreage, etc.?

Post link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cripple-Creek-Gh...1%7C240%3A1318

Nice replica "ghost town". . . could be just the thing for someone wanting a "ghost tonw" / Old time attmosphere with mondern conveniences and the ability to produce income. Snorkel, . . . thanks for posting about it.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 10-26-2008 at 10:09 AM.
    - Wolfgang -

I never thought there we're rules to not posting replicas. Just thought viewers would be interested in seeing what all is out there. there are over 5 acres. I ended up in a cast on my arm so had to slow down progress. I was going to list it for $700,000. but started it for $575,000. on Ebay. I did rent it for a documentry on old bounty hunters. It does have a history of a gun fight that closed the whole town of packwood Wa down for 5 days. I rented to a killer and his whole family rented all the cabins. It really became a ghost town after that. There are pictures on Ebay if you would like to see them. Dala

Thumbs up

Don't think there is any rule about "living" replica towns a opposed to old "dead" ones, . . . . other poster just wanted to clarify whut you wus offerin'. Your description on Ebay is clear. Nice place you have for sale. Not in the right location for me . . . .
    - Wolfgang -

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I never thought there we're rules to not posting replicas. Just thought viewers would be interested in seeing what all is out there. there are over 5 acres. I ended up in a cast on my arm so had to slow down progress. I was going to list it for $700,000. but started it for $575,000. on Ebay. I did rent it for a documentry on old bounty hunters. It does have a history of a gun fight that closed the whole town of packwood Wa down for 5 days. I rented to a killer and his whole family rented all the cabins. It really became a ghost town after that. There are pictures on Ebay if you would like to see them. Dala

There are NO "rules" to speak of, and Wolf was correct about my intentions.

I brought it up for 2 reasons though, Dala. First is that I know some of us are sorta "protective" of the authentic ghost town genre. I just happen to be one of many.

Second is that there has been some interest recently, or rather questions from members about buying actual ghost towns. So when I saw your msg, I was thinking it'd be helpful to explain right away that it was a replica. BTW, I was not implying you were trying to hide anything.

And even though these are lousy times financially, there are a few eccentric folks with $$$ looking for an investment. That's why I say you shouldn't have TOO much trouble selling it. I'd post it on as many media outlets as possible, including Craig's List. Not sure if real estate can be posted for free on Craig's, I think it can.

Got it. If you read closely it states on here REPLICA.

Got it. If you read closely it states on here REPLICA.

True, and I already acknowledged that in the 1st line of my original msg.
    However your msg title says "Cripple Creek Ghost Town for sale". That's what caught my attention. NBD. (No big deal).
    Last edited by bad bob; 10-26-2008 at 08:43 PM.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Too bad it wasn't in Oregon, I might know some potential buyers.

Whether real or replica, it's a neat idea and very close to what a lot of people talk about doing on here. Would be a good business op for anyone looking to get away from it all and still make a few dollars IMO.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thanks Gary. I was raised in Elgin Or and went to school in LaGrande. It is beautiful country. I lived on a ranch in Prineville alsoHave to confess tho Packwood has bigger mnts and alot of lakes to fly fish. My Ghost town only has 18 hours left on Ebay. My nerves, my nerves. I keep hoping my husband will change his mind about moving there. I lived there alone for 23 years and never ran it as a business for the first 5 years.Thank you for your kind words, Dala

Thread Information