Thread: Brunckow's Cabin!

Default Brunckow's Cabin!

So, I hear that this place is rumored to be haunted and that campers have experienced things there and, of course, this made me want to go. I figured that it's an ideal way to spend my Halloween night, even. Is it private land or am I free to just pop a tent and hope for the best (worst)?

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Prophetable View Post
    So, I hear that this place is rumored to be haunted and that campers have experienced things there and, of course, this made me want to go. I figured that it's an ideal way to spend my Halloween night, even. Is it private land or am I free to just pop a tent and hope for the best (worst)?

It's on private land within sight of the owners ranch. Substantial vandalism during the past few years have probably made overnight visits without the owners permission unadvisable.

Though there has been considerable violence committed there the ghost stories are made up just for fun.
    <
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

I don't believe in ghosts anyways, but it'll be a great way to scare my friend. I'll check with the ranch and hope they're okay with me staying the night.

Why do people always have to ruin things?

Because those people live in the NOW. They dont think about the past or the future.

people destroy things because they are basically insecure little people on the inside. it makes them feel powerful. They just dont get the fact that empowerment comes from your own state of mind. And if it's not some complex psychological thing, ....their just plain idiots.

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I thought it was on BLM land. I might be wrong about that though. The San Pedro NRCA isn't well marked on its outer edges.
    If you want thrill and chills, there isn't much. What's left of the old cabin is pretty feeble. And as for haunted, don't get me started on the Scooby Doo Gang. There is still history there though and parts of the walls are left.

http://forums.ghosttowns.com/showthr...ckow%27s+Cabin

I think the stories are a crock myself. If you know the history of Southern Arizona, many massacres occurred in what are still the middle of nowhere. A neat haunted place would be finding the area between The Narrows and Davidson Canyon where Shotgun Smith got his name. You'd think that a place where only one man walked out of an Apache attack with a mere 12 gauge would trigger the spooks and might haunt that place forever. But, I never hear the Scooby Doo Gang mention that area.
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

I actually just got back from Brunckow.

It is on BLM land. I actually took a video of it, once I get it put together I'll host it up, it shows the specifics of how to get there and also shows the mine.

Thread Information