Thread: Ram tail mill, ri

Thumbs down Ram tail mill, ri

I plan on going in about two weeks, yet I've heard rumors that it was threatened to be built over. Last post I can find about Ram Tail is in August and it was said that there was construction around the area.. it's obviously November now, does anyone know if it's still there and intact? I am going to be really upset if it's been built over but its about 45 minutes away and i'd prefer to save myself the drive if it's not even intact anymore. Someone please let me know

Tsarevna is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Hmm I'm not sure how often they update it, but you can try using maps.google.com and using the satellite images.

It's kind of hit-and-miss, but if it already shows it gone then you'd know.

the google maps image is from awhile ago. the thing im wondering is it's listed in the ri census as a haunted site.. i wonder if that makes it protected much like a historical site? i just hope its still there i want to check it out badly

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I can't find it on the register of historic sites. Is there a digital copy of the census report that actually records it as haunted? I know that dremoto found what he thought what was it (and I'm amazed by that. From what I read on the site description, I thought it was a fairy tale from the Scooby Doo crowd.)
    It might be time for some actual research. Does the 1885 census actually record it as haunted? I have issues with the whole nine yards since census were done in even years and every ten years. 1880 and 1890 are actual census years. 1885 rings a bit untrustworthy. It might be time to actually haunt the records hall and not rely on myths that are on every search engine.
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

I doubt that theres been any building going on here because this is on the Providence water commisions property so you will be trespassing when going to find it I have not been there only because i cannot pinpoint exactly where it is does not mean im not looking for it or havent been close to it recent info ive found says its near the cemetary on rams tail rd and rte 6 keep in mind it is in ruins there are no buildings left standing as of 2 weeks ago I saw no construction going on anywheres near here hope this helps
    Jim
    Last edited by urbanexplorer; 02-23-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Thread Information