Thread: Looking for the "California Traveler" Magazine

Default Looking for the "California Traveler" Magazine

I am a new poster and I am looking for information on the "California Traveler" magazine that was published by Fred S. Cook in Volcano California in, I am guessing, the 1950's and 1960's. These magazines seem to be a small publication and the articles and ads were done by Mr. Cook and his friends and associates. I have a number of these magazines and they have more information regarding old stores, sites, restaurants, ghost towns and other junk than any other magazine I have ever seen. Definite insider stuff for sure. Anybody with any information regarding this publication or an idea on how to get some information please shoot me an e-mail. Thanks so much for a great site.

I did a quick search on ABEbooks.com and found that there are 16 issues available; two of them at BookSellersOnLine.com; and the rest at East Side Books, which is located in Bishop, California (I used to live there and traded with them over the years). Clicking on the link:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...aveler&x=0&y=0

... will take give you the results of my search on ABEbooks.com.
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Wright View Post
    I did a quick search on ABEbooks.com and found that there are 16 issues available; two of them at BookSellersOnLine.com; and the rest at East Side Books, which is located in Bishop, California (I used to live there and traded with them over the years). Clicking on the link:

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...aveler&x=0&y=0

... will take give you the results of my search on ABEbooks.com.
    Thanks so much for the information. I really appreciate it. Is the website link your business?

No, I have no connection with East Side Books or ABEbooks.com. I Googled and found nothing, so tried ABEbooks.com and found the 16 issues.

My personal website is http://www.gbr.4wdtrips.net/ and is 4WD and history oriented with focus on the eastern Sierra Nevada, Death Valley and Nevada. It is an unfettered and quite large website with no advertising, banners or popups. Just a friendly, free place to spend some time with lots of photos.

I used to live near Bishop, California for many years and traded with East Side Books and its predicessor, the Used Bookworm.
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Wright View Post
    No, I have no connection with East Side Books or ABEbooks.com. I Googled and found nothing, so tried ABEbooks.com and found the 16 issues.

My personal website is http://www.gbr.4wdtrips.net/ and is 4WD and history oriented with focus on the eastern Sierra Nevada, Death Valley and Nevada. It is an unfettered and quite large website with no advertising, banners or popups. Just a friendly, free place to spend some time with lots of photos.

I used to live near Bishop, California for many years and traded with East Side Books and its predicessor, the Used Bookworm.
    Yeah, that's the one I meant, the 4 wheel drive site. Already added it to my favorites. Very nice site. Informative and well set up. Are you enjoying yourself since your move? I hope so. My little brother are going to Death Valley for New Year's and if we get rich we will have you drive us there thenext time. Thanks again for your information. I am going by this bookstore while we are out there to see if I can add to my magazine collection. Thanks again

Thread Information