Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Social Groups

No Bob I have no Idea. I had the meeting yesterday and he said he would let me know in a week. **** I have been going through this since April. I don't know if I want him to hurry or not. I did send him an e-mail that if he decides the worst could I resign instead. 9 yrs may be blown out the window.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

[quote=bad bob;37950]Howdy Ted.....how ya doin'?

You know, personal finances have kept me off the GT trails for some time now. Then with this xtra crunch on the economy, I don't know when I'll be able to get back to it. That is, short of hittin' the lottery. And that'd be some trick, since I hardly ever play it.

Not just me, eh?
    These days I count myself as one of the fortunate ones that still have a somewhat stable (if low paying) job and able to meet most of my obligations on time.
    I am thankful I can still participate in this hobby, albeit at a much reduced frequency.
    I was toying with the idea of starting up a thread about how the current economy has curtailed GT activities, but then I decided it was just too depressing to talk about.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

[quote=brian10x;38026]
    Quote Originally Posted by bad bob View Post
    Howdy Ted.....how ya doin'?

You know, personal finances have kept me off the GT trails for some time now. Then with this xtra crunch on the economy, I don't know when I'll be able to get back to it. That is, short of hittin' the lottery. And that'd be some trick, since I hardly ever play it.

Not just me, eh?
    These days I count myself as one of the fortunate ones that still have a somewhat stable (if low paying) job and able to meet most of my obligations on time.
    I am thankful I can still participate in this hobby, albeit at a much reduced frequency.
    I was toying with the idea of starting up a thread about how the current economy has curtailed GT activities, but then I decided it was just too depressing to talk about.

You're quite right. And Tucson is about 515 miles inland from here, which means you have much better access to AZ and surrounding states. Current fuel prices are at least reasonable, whereas a few months ago, at prices just under $5 per gallon, that pretty much brings a halt to all or most unnecessary activities.

brian10x is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

[quote=bad bob;38032]
    Quote Originally Posted by brian10x View Post

You're quite right. And Tucson is about 515 miles inland from here, which means you have much better access to AZ and surrounding states. Current fuel prices are at least reasonable, whereas a few months ago, at prices just under $5 per gallon, that pretty much brings a halt to all or most unnecessary activities.
    As long as we (me included) accept "reasonable" prices, we are doomed.
    Funny how the price of crude is at historic low prices, yet gasoline prices creep just a little higher every day.
    Funny how high grocery prices were mostly blamed on fuel prices yet have remained nearly as high as fuel prices plummeted.
    Funny how the magic grocery store "shrink ray" has given us smaller sizes for the same price.
    And isn't it just a riot how the great new economic package designed to ease our financial burdens includes skateboard parks and global warming studies. Thats going to but food on the table.
    Don't get me started. (Oh, well, too late for that)
    Last edited by brian10x; 01-30-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: I'm so farking angry I can't type

Default Economy

And not only that but I received my raise in December( imagine that HR wants to can me and still gives me a raise, go figure) and my check went down $200 everyheck. S*** I did better without the raise. I agree Brian they had to raise gas so high but are now doing just fine with the great rollback. Its all a scam to see what the American people will do about it. We almost had the CEOs with cutting back on driving, its just so many rich "PEOPLE" that they don't care about us. I think all politicians, billonares, Ceos, and the like should either be sent out and shot or make them survive as homeless people do for about 6 months with no help from mommy. See Brian you got me started. Ted

Ted,
    I wonder to myself all the time, just how far we can be pushed.
    Where is the line that has to be crossed, or are we, as Americans so used to our lifestyles and FREEDOMS being slowly eroded away that all we care about are vague promises of HOPE and CHANGE and whats on tv tonight?
    How bad does it have to get before we rise up and demand our country back?
    Its like boiling a frog. How do you boil a frog? You don't throw him in boiling water. You gently place him in a pot of cool water and slowly turn up the heat.
    Well, friends, the water is boiling and I want out!
    You want a good example of the boiling frog? They say after all taxes and fees we keep approx. 30 cents out of every dollar we earn.
    What if today we kept every cent, and on Monday they started taxing us at 70% ? There would be riots in the streets! But raise our taxes s l o w l y and take it from different places and we hardly raise an eyebrow.
    I, for one, want my money. All of it.
    Then we can start all over and try not to screw it up this time.
    RANT OVER

Default Exactly

I know you've got it but to many americans don't have the guts to stand up and say enough is enough. We need a 50 millionpeople or more to sign a petition saying just that.

Unfortunately if we were able to start over again, and our tax system was again designed by politicians, it would still be screwed up. I'm not sure government does anything well except spend money..our money.....Speedy

Quote Originally Posted by speedy View Post
    Unfortunately if we were able to start over again, and our tax system was again designed by politicians, it would still be screwed up. I'm not sure government does anything well except spend money..our money.....Speedy

Man you got that right!
    rupe
    Coodinator Oregon Chapter of 4x4him.org
    Member of Handgunhunt.com
    Expeditionportal.com
    PNWbackroadadventure.com
    Handgunhunt.com
    wheelersforthewounded.com
    militaryjeepers.com
    If you don't like logging then try using plastic toilet
    paper.
    Exploring Oregon in a Jeep