Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of photos

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Lots of photos

Hi all. Just joined this site. I've got lots of photos already on my site at: http://www.donwinslow.net/historic%2...host_towns.htm

I'm in the process of scanning hundreds of photos taken in the 60's and 70's in the western states. I'll be posting new stuff on a weekly basis as time and work permit. I've got to go into the backlog of photos already on the archive section and post the locations but I'm sure that some of you will recognize some of the places. A lot of these places no longer exist due to weather and vandals. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Looks great. I'm always interested to see photos from the 50's - 70's. That seems like it would've been the prime exploring period, before things started to really crumble from the weather and time.

Your site is bookmarked

campp is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Very nice, love the train photos, some really good stuff!

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
    Looks great. I'm always interested to see photos from the 50's - 70's. That seems like it would've been the prime exploring period, before things started to really crumble from the weather and time.

Your site is bookmarked
    Thanks to all for the kind words. Yes, it was a great time to explore. I have many photos of towns where the structures were in place and then a following photo where the same structure is either gone or collapsed from weather.

Quote Originally Posted by dwinslow View Post
    Thanks to all for the kind words. Yes, it was a great time to explore. I have many photos of towns where the structures were in place and then a following photo where the same structure is either gone or collapsed from weather.
    That would be really interesting to see. keep us updated .

Default Your Photos

I recognize many of the photos but some I don't. Do you plan on labeling the photos sometime with location and date? I have been to many of the locations amd most are in worse condition now. The Duncan house in Animas Forks is better now than back then. Really enjoyed the photos and look forward to more.
    40FORDJIM GHOSTTOWNER SINCE 1965

Very nice photos, thanks for posting a link. I look forward to the info on where they were taken.

Quote Originally Posted by 40FORDJIM View Post
    I recognize many of the photos but some I don't. Do you plan on labeling the photos sometime with location and date? I have been to many of the locations amd most are in worse condition now. The Duncan house in Animas Forks is better now than back then. Really enjoyed the photos and look forward to more.
    Yeah, I gotta get in and label these things. With the exception of the newer Bodie photos, most were taken in the 60's and 70's. These slides have been in storage for many years and I'm just getting around to scanning them. Thanks for the comments.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

Default What Equipment?

I also have slides I would like to scan. I have a slide "adapter" for my HP scanner but it does not work well. What are you using? Your pix come out very well. Thanks
    40FORDJIM GHOSTTOWNER SINCE 1965

Quote Originally Posted by 40FORDJIM View Post
    I also have slides I would like to scan. I have a slide "adapter" for my HP scanner but it does not work well. What are you using? Your pix come out very well. Thanks
    I'm using a Nikon 5000 scanner. It's a dedicated slide and film scanner. These slides are all about 40 years old and were Ektachrome and most have suffered quite a bit of fading so I've had to do a lot of processing using various software to try and pull the details out. It's been a long process and I try and do a few each day I'm home. Also I'm using "Vuescan" for the scanner program which is the best I've found. Much better than the Nikon supplied software.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

Thread Information