Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ronald, Washington....Not much written about this little town.

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Don, where in the town site were these two story structures located? I must have somehow missed these when I was in Ronald a few weeks ago. Are these near the old school building and gym?
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

Yeah, I don't recall those buildings from when I was there. I did not spend a lot of time looking around as any town/site with a population does not fit for the GTW site.

A couple years ago I printed off Don's pictures to try and do some before and after shots, and the only buildings I could find were the firehouse and store. None of the houses in the pictures I could find matches for around Ronald.
    Easily distracted.

Current distraction: Railroad Depots

It seems to me those great pictures of houses in Ronald - may actually be taken in Roslyn. The background terrain is, to my recollection, slightly wrong for Ronald. I should scour around for them some weekend. My buddy (now dealing with BS in Afghanistan) used to own a cool old home in Roslyn, so we spent some time there traipsing around. Just my two cents.

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by RedDogSaloon View Post
    It seems to me those great pictures of houses in Ronald - may actually be taken in Roslyn. The background terrain is, to my recollection, slightly wrong for Ronald. I should scour around for them some weekend. My buddy (now dealing with BS in Afghanistan) used to own a cool old home in Roslyn, so we spent some time there traipsing around. Just my two cents.
    I was just wondering that myself. There are a number of homes like that in Roslyn and as you say the incline isn't as steep in Ronald.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

My thoughts, too. The lack of two-story, larger houses in Ronald had me thinking that these bigger ones could be in the more appropriately sized Roslyn. I may have to go have a look-see at some point, too, and see if I can find some matches in Cicely.
    Easily distracted.

Current distraction: Railroad Depots

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Que the moose!!!

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Entirely possible I mislabeled a couple of these. These go back almost 50 years so it's not gonna look the same now. I was contacted by the owner of the store in the photos and he verified that these were from Ronald. He still owns the old store and it's been in the family for many years.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

Default Ronald is still there!

Quote Originally Posted by dwinslow View Post
    Going through my Washington stuff, I found this little town. Not much info on this place but it really had some nice buildings left. I did a quick Google on this town and didn't find any other pictures.
    I currently live next to the building in the 4th picture! Check it out!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by dwinslow View Post
    Going through my Washington stuff, I found this little town. Not much info on this place but it really had some nice buildings left. I did a quick Google on this town and didn't find any other pictures.
    I have to visit Roslyn city (Kittitas County) in January next year, and I'll make sure to give this town a visit. I think a couple of hours stop would be enough to click 25-30 pics of the main buildings and surroundings of the town. I'll upload all the pics when I get back from there. BTW, can anyone recommend a good diner there?
    Last edited by MarleneFCasperson; 4 Days Ago at 08:28 AM.

Thread Information