Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronald, Washington....Not much written about this little town.

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by dwinslow View Post
    Hi Darin, just remember that these photos were taken some time ago so I don't know what's left. I did a quick check but couldn't find any recent photos of it on this site or on the web.
    If anything, I'll still get to see Roslyn. Always wanted to go eat a meal at The Brick and take a few pics ever since Northern Exposure aired.

Well, for those interested in an little comparison, I made a trip up to Ronald last week, and tried to match a few photos for a then and now. Unfortunately, out of this group, the only building I could find was the general store.

There are lots of other buildings left, but most have been restored. I'll post separately seen about what else is there today.
    Easily distracted.

Current distraction: Railroad Depots

Thanks to all for the nice comments. I have tons more coming as long as they don't kick me off of here for posting too much.
    If they do we'll have to kick the mods in painful places.

When I see your photos I wish I were able to see these places as they were in the 1960s and '70s, and then I go one step further and wonder what they looked like in their heydays.

Keep posting!

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by shirohniichan View Post
    If they do we'll have to kick the mods in painful places.

When I see your photos I wish I were able to see these places as they were in the 1960s and '70s, and then I go one step further and wonder what they looked like in their heydays.

Keep posting!
    We have painful places??? And here I thought we were immune to that!!!

I never get tired of looking at the well framed photographs of a true professional---especially when they are pictures of things I love to see. Your photo's make me want to get out and travel.

NJ
    "I got four things to live by: Don't say nothing that will hurt anybody. Don't give advice--nobody will take it anyway. Don't complain. Don't explain." Death Valley Scotty Walter Scott 1872-1954

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I was actually contacted by the present owner of this store after he saw my original photos of it on this forum. Kinda neat as it brought back some memories.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

When I come to visit my relative in Bellevue later this week I'd like to see Ronald if we have time after visiting Lester and if the weather will permit us to do so.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

I still have yet to make it there...didn't do in '09 like I wanted to!

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Going through my Washington stuff, I found this little town. Not much info on this place but it really had some nice buildings left. I did a quick Google on this town and didn't find any other pictures.
    Looks like I missed a few buildings when I was at Ronald last Saturday. Sure is great country up there.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

I spent about five minutes in Ronald..........there was a really wierd store that we stopped in.....only had a few minutes as we had come to the area to spend time in Roslyn.

Thread Information