Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Campfire Meals

dinner:
    squirrel, rabbit, deer, grouse, pheasant, wild turkey........

precook it at home and keep it good and cold in the cooler in sealed freezer bags.....

bring mushrooms, onions, tomatos, or whatever you like.....(you can find the mushrooms and onions wild if you know what your looking for but wash them good)

bring some aluminum foil and throw the meat and veggies in with it and put some water in and seal it up and throw it on the engine......makes for a great dinner

lunch:
    precooked hamburger patties, block cheese, some good thick bread that can withstand abuse (if it comes already sliced, keep it at home), precooked bacon slices (get them anywhere), potato chips......decent lunch

breakfast:
    black cast iron skillet......cant do it without it.....eggs, bisquick, bacon, sausage, vegetables, cheese (anything you can throw in the pan really), and put everything in and cook it a while then dump in the cheese and bisquick and cook it til its solidified then eat......thats a breakfast that will make ya grow hair in places you never knew you had......

drink water or gatorade, bottled water is best unless you find a GOOD spring....which is getting hard these days.....

i grew up on a farm so im used to walking out into the field and picking wild onions or hunting for mushrooms in the woods, along with being able to kill and eat all those animals listed above.....

Ghostdancer is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Toasting marshmallows.
    "Here lies Lester Moore; four slugs from A-44. No Les no more." - Grave marker at Tombstone's Boothill Cemetary

I remember eating a lot of Beanie Weenies, they are good 3 times a day........Speedy

Eggs and chorizo in a homemade tortilla with lots of cheese and salsa is my first on my list followed closely by peach cobbler made in a dutch oven.

Well,everything too heavy when on your Back carried.A Rifle and Salt with somethings between,i would say.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_town_girl77 View Post
    Eggs and chorizo in a homemade tortilla with lots of cheese and salsa is my first on my list followed closely by peach cobbler made in a dutch oven.
    Homemade tortillas ?
    Haven't had those in a few years.
    Yeah, the ones made with lard.The best.
    Might have to talk my G/F about making them.Yep,she's a halfbreed:1/2 Mex,1/2
    Navajo.

I get mine from a girl that I work with. Every other week on Tortilla Tuesday I get a delivery from the "San Manuel Express". She lives in San Manuel and we both work in Tucson. They're so thin you can almost see through them.

Sounds good.

Exclamation Yummy, camping food

Greetings,
    Why is it that when camping the food always turns out so delicious, is it perhaps because camping activities can take so much energy from one. It has been too long since I have camped and been missing it.
    Sasha

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Hi Sasha, Good to see you back! Hope you've been well.
    You're right about camp cooking, it all seems to taste pretty good, even stuff like cannned Dinty Moore Beef Stew which I wouldn't consider eating at home, tastes like a real feast when eaten while camping.

Thread Information