Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here we go with another Montana town, Marysville.

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Here we go with another Montana town, Marysville.

This was a great one. Lotsa buildings left and some neat old cars. I'll followup in another couple of days with more on this town.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Cool looking town there.

Were these also taken ca. 1970? I bet those buildings are rubble now.
    Kathy

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by LV Caretaker View Post
    Were these also taken ca. 1970? I bet those buildings are rubble now.
    Yup, taken around 70-71.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California

I was there a couple of years ago and recall buildings still intact and some restored.
    Brad

Don, what's your story? did you have the opportunity years ago to travel around to see and photograph all these towns? that is just amazing! I'm so jealous! did you fit that in with regular life? your collection of photos is impressive and such a treat to see. thank you so much for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by danny_stoddard View Post
    Don, what's your story? did you have the opportunity years ago to travel around to see and photograph all these towns? that is just amazing! I'm so jealous! did you fit that in with regular life? your collection of photos is impressive and such a treat to see. thank you so much for sharing
    I had enough seniority at work and I would save up my vacation time and take a month at a time. I'd plan these trips using topo maps and reference books. A couple of the other guys at work would do the same thing so we could travel together and hit some of these towns which were way off the beaten path. That way if we got stuck, we always had help. It's fun now to share these old photos so I'm glad you guys are enjoying this stuff. Thank fer the note Danny and I'll keep sticking this junk up here until ya get tired of it.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California

Default Tired! NEVER!!!!

Now you just listen here mister, you ol timers are gold, gold for information and realy cool pictures. I for one love signing in on the forum and seeing photos! The older the better. Whilst i am here i will say thanks to everyone who does contribute stories and photos. The stuff mainmanwalking posted about the space launch site blew me away. Joel and Vulture have so much knowledge on Arizona, and you mr dwinslow, giving us the chance to see ghost towns in there prime,awsome.I show my Aussie mates stuff on this site all the time, and they just stare in disbelief at the photos and the history. Honestly I have mates who thought, Billy The Kid and Jesse James were invented by Hollywood, let alone convince them that people actualy abandon whole towns for perfectly logical reasons.
    Dinkum!

rev dr g
    " LOVE MANY - TRUST FEW - ALLWAYS PADDLE YOUR OWN CANOE " (Gilbert Banyon, ww2 Digger)

Quote Originally Posted by rev dr g View Post
    Now you just listen here mister, you ol timers are gold, gold for information and realy cool pictures. I for one love signing in on the forum and seeing photos! The older the better. Whilst i am here i will say thanks to everyone who does contribute stories and photos. The stuff mainmanwalking posted about the space launch site blew me away. Joel and Vulture have so much knowledge on Arizona, and you mr dwinslow, giving us the chance to see ghost towns in there prime,awsome.I show my Aussie mates stuff on this site all the time, and they just stare in disbelief at the photos and the history. Honestly I have mates who thought, Billy The Kid and Jesse James were invented by Hollywood, let alone convince them that people actualy abandon whole towns for perfectly logical reasons.
    Dinkum!

rev dr g
    Thank Rev. I gotta lotta mates from down under. Worked with Hoages ( only you will know who that is) for some time and made a lotta good friends down there. Well, I'll do my best to keep you amused. G'day Mate.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

All I can do is to think what a lucky devil that you were!
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

Thread Information