Thread: An Exploration in Search of Constellation

Smile An Exploration in Search of Constellation

We went out into the Wickenburg Mountains in search of Constellation Saturday. We figured this was probably one of the last times we could get out there before summer sets in...

This is where we went exploring.

It's possible to drive up the wash to within just a couple of hundred feet of the site, until a falls with large boulders makes it impassable.

While we were hiking up the creek, I spotted a claim marker. I always check for a location notice at the foot of these as they can be interesting to read. One time, I found a notice that was placed in 1905. But that's another story...

Anyway, I saw the notice in a pickle jar and started removing the rocks on top to get it out. Well, Mr. Rattler took severe offense to me digging around his summer house and scared the poop out of me with his sudden rattling and hissing. Needless to say, I didn't get to read that notice.

There are very few remains around the site. Just traces of foundations like this:

After a day of exploring, we found a nice shady spot to have a picnic in the wash.

I'll post some more on a couple of the old mine sites we investigated in the area.

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I'm impressed by all the luxuries you travel with, umbrella, table, chairs, grill We barely have room for us, emergency gear, water and a pack of crackers in our little Jeep.
    Those rocks in your photo look like the site might have been excavated at one time by archeologists digging for Indian ruins. Quite often we've found they'll outline an area with rocks after they rebury it.

Luxuries???
    That's just the BARE ESSENTIALS!!! A person needs to be able to relax and enjoy a nice grilled steak, potato salad and cold beer after a hard day of exploring!

You should see us when we go camping for a few days...we've been described as a pair of gypsies

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZona View Post
    A person needs to be able to relax and enjoy a nice grilled steak, potato salad and cold beer after a hard day of exploring!
    Me thinks we should ALL go exploring with JoeZona I like their bare essentials.

Joel is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

You do well out there!
    "Life is a constant oscillation between the sharp horns of dilemmas."

H.L. Mencken

Thread Information