Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ubiquitous Outhouse

Default The Ubiquitous Outhouse

I love outhouses. But I don't always use them. I can dig a hole and, more often than not, find that sanitary and private.

Actually there is a trick to it. I use a small trowel and a plastic grocery bag. I dig a narrow deep hole---good enough for the weekend---and place all the dirt in the bag. I then place the bag over the hole after each use. At the end, I poke the bag with my trowel and re-fill the hole. Presto. No fresh dirt laying around and a very small footprint.

Here are a few of my favorite outhouses---Brigg's Camp, Stells's, and Panamint Russ's.

NJ
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    "I got four things to live by: Don't say nothing that will hurt anybody. Don't give advice--nobody will take it anyway. Don't complain. Don't explain." Death Valley Scotty Walter Scott 1872-1954

Default More

Here are the rest of the series.

NJ
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    "I got four things to live by: Don't say nothing that will hurt anybody. Don't give advice--nobody will take it anyway. Don't complain. Don't explain." Death Valley Scotty Walter Scott 1872-1954

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I've got plenty of pooper pics too. I like these ones in Belmont, NV. Nice mix of new technology and old style charm. It also really helps to make them blend in with all the older buildings and sites around the town.

"I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Boy, yer really scraping the bottom here NJ...I mean where'd you flush this one from?... I mean what is this crap???

Seriously though, a fixture (sorry) in any & all ghost towns & a much sought after location for looters. All kinds of stuff went down these.
    An under appeciated relic, the reading room, Has anybody seen the Sears catalog?

<
    Last edited by Vulture; 06-23-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

campp is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Here's what our brothers in the underground set used. This one is a two-holer:

campp is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Here's one near the Warm Spring Mine off of the Warm Spring trail in Death Valley:

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Talking

Everything you always wanted to know...and then some.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Talking

Where's Flatiron with his two story job? I'd find and post it, but don't have the know how.

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Here's one that I found up at Monte Cristo...
    Name:  8-17-08 058.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  100.3 KB

Thread Information