Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ophir Days

campp is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    Oh boy, more pics from Don...I'm gonna have to stand back and do the "Happy" Dance now!!!

(Not to be mistaken as the "Pee-Pee" Dance)
    From now on, this is the perfect default ending to any thread that goes astray... We simply turn the thread over to Don, cause he's got the goods!

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by campp View Post
    From now on, this is the perfect default ending to any thread that goes astray... We simply turn the thread over to Don, cause he's got the goods!
    Hey, what I'm really worried about is that "Pee-Pee dance thing that Darin mentioned in the above post. I'm not sure I wanna know any more about that.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

Quote Originally Posted by dwinslow View Post
    Actually there were two Ophir towns in Colorado. An old and a new Ophir. I have pictures of 'em both someplace. I'll hafta dig 'em out of my pile of junk here.
    You're right, Don. They are kind of between Telluride and Silverton and the old & new were about 2 miles apart.
    40FORDJIM GHOSTTOWNER SINCE 1965

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by dwinslow View Post
    Hey, what I'm really worried about is that "Pee-Pee dance thing that Darin mentioned in the above post. I'm not sure I wanna know any more about that.
    Okay, okay, I'll just call Billy Crystal and he can show me how to do the Walter Huston dance from City Slickers!

It is the Ophir that is in Utah.

Well I'm just going to have to go to Ophir Days this year. I was just in Ophir a week and a half ago going through the old Ophir Hill Mine as well as the Miner's Delight Mine with Mojave Underground. I'll post pictures soon. Anybody else planning on attending Ophir Days? Maybe we can carpool? I'm in Salt Lake.
    Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com
    It's not fun 'till I get hurt!

I also found out Eureka's Silver Days are Aug. 12-15. I'm also planning on heading out there. Not sure which day yet; whenever my mother in law doesn't need her car I guess, unless I can catch a ride with somebody.

Is that the Eureka that is in UT as well? Just went through that town last weekend......big changes.....many of the old buildings that housed a current business are boarded up.....seems like everyone's front yard now has a pile of rocks 2' deep instead of the lawn they once had.....also heard that some state agency wants to cap all the old mines to prevent 0 access. Oh well.....progress???

They like to call their "progress" reclamation. I call it destroying our history. Sad....

ophir days is a fun way to spend a saturday here in the tooele county area they have been doing a lot of work on their historical district and town to make it nice to visit and see the old buildings also the county has now opened a trail into Jacobs City which is a ghost town between Ophir and Stockton there is a trailhead/staging area in soldier canyon which is in Stockton if you are out this way and want to see the Stockton Musuem give me holler i can let you in also the stockton cafe has some neat pictures that they have been given as well as some old mining tools and they make a great meal

Thread Information