Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Graves of the Famous and Infamous

Johnnie is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Question Doc Holliday

We watch the movie Tombstone, over the week end and were curious what is left of Doc Hollidays grave site in Glenwood Springs Colorado Is it still intact?
    J & S

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie
    We watch the movie Tombstone, over the week end and were curious what is left of Doc Hollidays grave site in Glenwood Springs Colorado Is it still intact?
    J & S
    Yep - still there and still intact Except for the fact that no one knows for sure the exact burial site. It all happenned in the winter and they never actually made it to the top of the hill where the cemetary is located with the coffin. Speculation is that it is now buried in someone's back yard.
    Here is a picture of the tombstone from on my site. http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com...bstone%204.JPG .
    Visit Colorado Ghost Towns at http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com

No Sales pitch just plenty of photos and stories.

"I led a quieter life before I got hearing aids." Mike

Rocky

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mikejts
    Yep - still there and still intact Except for the fact that no one knows for sure the exact burial site. It all happenned in the winter and they never actually made it to the top of the hill where the cemetary is located with the coffin. Speculation is that it is now buried in someone's back yard.
    Here is a picture of the tombstone from on my site. http://www.rockymountainprofiles.com...bstone%204.JPG .
    Great photo Rocky, We wonder if thats original stone or has it been replaced over the years One of Doc, relative lives in San Deigo We will ask around and see if that stone is the original.

My friend Lee Silva, the author of the book "Wyatt Earp the Cowtown Years" Vol. I might have the answer.

Thanks again Rocky, for that great clear photograph
    Johnnie & Sheila

That stone was placed there later. I believe by the city of Glenwood Springs as they knew it would be a tourist attraction. (**** it got me there)

Rocky

Default Help - Frisco Cemetery Project

I recieved this note from a gentleman in Utah. Can anyone help me answer his question? Read below. If you have an answer let me know and I will forward to him. I left his name and email off on purpose. THANKS

My name is XXXXX and I live in Cedar City, Utah about 70 miles from the ghost town of Frisco. While walking around Frisco over the Presidentís Day weekend I discovered the Frisco cemetery and am interested in obtaining more information about it. Iím President of a Catholic menís group (Knights f Columbus) in Cedar City and am thinking that cleaning the cemetery up would make a good service project for our group, but would like more information on how many people are buried there and if possible their names. A plat of grave locations and names would be most helpful. Iíve contacted the Utah State Historical Society, but all they can tell me is that there is a cemetery, which I already know, and that they record 28 people buried there. Do you have any more specific information about the cemetery or know who may?

Rocky

Just wanted to update the list. Mattie Blaylock (Earp) is actually buried just outside of Superior, Az. , instead of Florence, Az...............

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Default Frisco

Rocky: As the husband of a good Mormon lady who specializes in Geneology, and who often locates folks in old cemeteries, I would refer your Frisco friend to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in SLC. One of the Churches projects has long been the location of old cemeteries and recordation of those buried there. OJ

Quote Originally Posted by old judge
    Rocky: As the husband of a good Mormon lady who specializes in Geneology, and who often locates folks in old cemeteries, I would refer your Frisco friend to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in SLC. One of the Churches projects has long been the location of old cemeteries and recordation of those buried there. OJ
    Great suggestion I will send him a note with your idea.

Rocky

Question Another Tombstone Cowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosttowns.com
    Originally posted by kathy

: Thanks for posting the list. Interesting to read!
    Several more Cowboys made it into the pages of the history books in and around Tombstone.Two of them were"Johnny Behind the Deuce" and "Billy King," As i rember without pulling out my reference books Billy King, move out to California, to help his good friend Wyatt Earp, in some his side jobs. But what happen to Johnny behind the Deuce???

J & S
    Last edited by Johnnie; 04-03-2006 at 06:32 AM.

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Johnnie: Good account of the doin's of Johnny Behind the Deuce, by Bill Kelly, on Google. Sounds like he melted into the history and legends of the old west. OJ

Thread Information