Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: historic saloon in eureka utah for sale

Default historic saloon in eureka utah for sale

Built in 1893 after the fire, the oxford resort is for sale. Allmost 4000 sq. ft. stone constructoin, needs restoration 1/4 acre with paved parking lot in back
    has an bar that dates to around 1910 that is over 20 ft. long.
    Asking $250,000
    On US highway 6.

Default photo

hear is a pitcure from about 1910 I will post more current pitcures when I get it clean
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default found on Goasttown.com

almost the same place takin recently

Default stories

Whether I sell this place or not some stories to be told;
    In prohibition days a man named Tony Caberro owned it, his motto was a still at every spring. He never broke up a fight insted he would send a runner to the other bars in town "Ther's a fight over at Tony's. not long would everyone in town be over there. Drinking and betten on the fight. they called it tony's gymnasim.
    Tony would go on a vacation every year it seem that he would get raided and gambling machines confiscated the next week the county would heve a action and Tony would buy all of his machines back.
    Sorry about the spelling and I will think of more stories.
    Last edited by oxford resort; 08-04-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling

Default more stories

There is a grain silo near town the owners of the grain hired some railroad cars to take it to market when they loaded the first car there was not much grain, one of the workers said.
    , "I know Tony was busy but I didnt think that he was that busy" Tony had tunneled under it to get grain to make Wiskey with.
    I hav to be careful of what I say I might say some of the decendantes of those that looked the other way the same faimlys are still in control of the county
    Stories from old men talking from their youth,
    "You would see the Marshal come into town a little wile later he would leave witha girl and a bottle.

Default pitcure

found a pitcure on the web

Default Photo

I got the last photo from www.spiritmountain.net very good photos Carl bechtold took them. in nov. 2006.
    I had just sold my SLC house, and was putting equity money into the Oxford that year, buy november I was just about out.
    Sold house in May, was cought offgaurd by the quick sell, and decided to put mony into oxford, the wall in the center need a cement wall to sapport the stone wal,l a heating system was put in thirtys and being a town of miners they dug a tunnel along the wall. Unforuntly they went right next to it and my understanding is that a wall needs 45 degrees of support fot integeraty.
    I got as far as the footing before I ran out of money and was stoped by the city.
    This to much info. for selling a place but this is the only place that this building is listed. I am having fun puting down in writing.

Hey I recognize that place from when we lived in Eureka for about a year. I believe the current owner of most of Main Street there is still old Billy Baum. He's done a great job restoring quite a few places there, but he is getting older, maybe that's why he's starting to sell things off.
    Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com
    It's not fun 'till I get hurt!

Default I'm not Billy

I am Joe, and I know Billy but have not even told him that I am selling
    The price is a little high and the city has a new appointed mayor that seems to be attacking main street property owners, an the lack of renovation funds is what promped me to put it on the market. this is the only place it is listed, if I was realy interested in selling I would lower the price or get a realator.
    The selling of this place repeysent the death of a dream.

Default need real eastate attorny

Quote Originally Posted by oxford resort View Post
    Built in 1893 after the fire, the oxford resort is for sale. Allmost 4000 sq. ft. stone constructoin, needs restoration 1/4 acre with paved parking lot in back
    has an bar that dates to around 1910 that is over 20 ft. long.
    Asking $250,000
    On US highway 6.
    , And or investers.have a 60 gallon stainless steel gas fired cooking vessel for a possable brewrey 20 feet of vertical space with the floor removed. that is the best I have decribed business plan yet.
    back to legal issues;
    The new appointed Mayor has come up with a "Ammendment to the Eureka city preservation Ordinance"
    "Be it amended:"
    "section 1: In order to promote the purpose of the city of Eureka historic district as estabished, this amendment requires that the owners of contributing historic properties maitain their properity and not allow them to fall into disrepair. all historic landmarks and all contributing building, objeet sites and structures located in the city of eureka histric distric shall be preserved against decay,deteiration, and be kept free from certian strucal defects buy the owner thereof. Such owners or other persons shall repair such building object site or structure of the following defects:"
    I got hypitized typing that I am not much of a typist.
    "A.Deteration of exteration of exterior walls, foundation, or other vertical support that causes sagging splitting, listing, or buckling.
    B.Deterioration of floring orfloor supports, roofs, orother horzontal members that causes leaning sagging splitting listing, or buckeling.
    C. deterioration of external chimneys that cause leaning sagging splitting listing or buckling.
    D. Deteration or crumbling of exterior plaster motor rock or brick."
    all the way to L.
    have got a different photoagrafer to take pitcures I will be posting them when I get the disc,
    Last edited by oxford resort; 09-04-2009 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Quotation marks

Thread Information