Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghost town between Broken Arrow and Coweta, Oklahoma

old judge is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

I'm Sorry. OJ

OJ, be sorry if you like, but I'm with you on this one.

NJ
    "I got four things to live by: Don't say nothing that will hurt anybody. Don't give advice--nobody will take it anyway. Don't complain. Don't explain." Death Valley Scotty Walter Scott 1872-1954

I have a speech I have to write on a historical site and would love to do this town. Vagal if you could some time soon be able to relocate this place for me that would be so awesome. Mean while I will be researching any resource I can think of. Today I'm to get incontact with the Wagner county assessor office. If I have any like I will let you know ASAP.

Don't apologize, your honor; I understand the doubts that both you and Norman harbor. Some noob comes along with wild claims you know nothing about; of course you're going to be skeptical. Look, I'm a ghost hunter; I've seen things that defy explanation, and I face doubts all the time. Nothing offends me anymore. You can choose to believe that I've seen this town or not. That's on you. The whole reason I even came here was because I thought perhaps since this was a forum for ghost towners, someone here may have some information on this old town. Obviously I was mistaken. No big deal.

Thank you ghost_town_huntress for defending me. That was very kind of you.

sassielili, if you'd like to contact me (ghostofachancepri@yahoo.com) I'll be glad to inform you when I relocate this town. It may be late Fall before I can go in search of it again. I mentioned this project to my team last week and they are all in favor of finding it, but we have a half dozen investigations scheduled and since they are all active duty reserve military, it makes for a difficult time getting everyone together on the same day.

Anyone else who wishes an update, feel free to contact me and I will more than happy to let you know of our findings. To everyone else, no hard feelings, and happy ghost towning.

Default ghost town between Broken Arrow and Coweta,Oklahoma

I don't think your making this up.There probably is such a community, hidden away in some dense brush and woods that is hard to locate now because the area has changed.
    I'm sure there are ghosttowns especially out west that aren't marked.
    Oh, by the way, on the Texas Escapes website, they have just such a story.I donot recall the name of the town ,but a man and his wife heard about a ghost town in East Texas which had most of its buildings in tact.They drove some backroads that some people had told them to take. They did go to the town and took photos, but when there discovered an easier way to get to the town.
    In one case,I know of a ghost town that moved so to speak. Out near Marion is Santa Clara Road,which if you take it,goes past a housing area and the Santa Clara city hall.
    This is north of I-10 going towards San Antonio.
    The orignial community of Santa Clara is south of I-10 on Gin Road.It had a cotton gin and a Catholic Church.All that's left is the cemetery.
    Over on Jones Maltzberger Rd. years ago were some building from a community, but they have long disappeared,and one would never know where it was located.Don't even know its name.That's like Lookout,which was named for Comanche LookHill in north east San Antonio.It had to be located somewhere in the area,but has vanished.Off IH-10 East around Greytown Road, there is a couple of store buildings and a few houses, but I have no idea what this little community was called.
    Off of FM1518 and Abbot Road there is an old store building which sells beer and what all. If you drive the road headed east, you can see on your left were there were the remains of some streets. Could there have been a town there at one time, possibly, but what it was called I don't know.
    The area isn't listed on any map as a town,
    That's like around Cibolo if you go south and cross Cibolo Creek, you'll pass the Stapper Cemetery.It's quite large, and there is what once was an old store building on someone's property,but can't find anything about it. Cemetery is too big for just a family plot.
    Off of Zuehel road south of New Berlin there is a place with an ancient gas pump like from the 20s or 30s. Now someone could have moved it there, or maybe there was a little store, just not sure.
    Out on Anamann Road north of Bulverde is a stone gas station-store combo. My dad said years ago you could drive past the place on a road that headed north,back in the 1950s.
    You could still see renmants of the road back in the 1990s.
    What the community's name was I don't know. But i doubt it is on any map.

Default Ghost Town between Broken Arrow and Coweta ,Oklahoma

Just thought of a couple of more places, like Kunde and Goebel communities. I know where the old Goebel school is ,but Kunde i have no idea.

Smile Thanks Valag

Thanks for the contact info cuz I will take you up on it. I have lived in Broken Arrow since 1989, and had no idea that there was an unknown town. I so believe there could totally be such a place. Have you ever visited Red Bud Valley?

Default Valag...

Interesting post. I live directly where you have indicated a town exists.
    You've been listening to too many spooks dude! What a crock!

I'm wondering if it could possibly be Elam. I found a website about the history of Broken Arrow, and it states that the people of the Elam settlement moved to Broken Arrow due to the railway system not coming to Elam. Elam was founded in 1901 and the people of Elam moved after the train service came to Broken Arrow in 1903. This website states that there was a general store and gin in Elam. Not sure if this is the one you're looking for as I don't know the exact location.

I know this thread is pretty old, but has anyone been able to verify this place? My wife was born and raised in the described area and I remember she told me once there was a ghost town around that area, I don't remember the name though. She even took me to a small graveyard where some Native American family was buried. This was somewhere around 193rd and 131st. When we went it was in a secluded field, but now they've built a housing addition back there and it's in the middle of the housing addition.

Thread Information