Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cerro Gordo, CA - Death of Mike Patterson

Default Cerro Gordo is safe & sound

Cerro Gordo is in safe hands. There is a caretaker there 24/7. The family is in charge of all projects on the premises. Tours may be taken with the caretaker at $10.00 per person. The phone number is still valid but may not always be answered, but rest assured, someone is there. Please respect the "Private Property" signs if you don't see the caretaker. He/she is around but may not be available for tours.

Default Michael Patterson

Hello - I was Michael's girlfriend in 2006 and even though we decided it would not work out for a more permenent relationship I remained close to him until his untimely death. Mostly visiting by phone... What a loss to all of us. A great loss to me to lose just a wonderful, awesome, Christian man as my loving friend. I will forever miss our long conversations, his honesty, his walk with Christ, and his intelligent. His values added much to our world and I feel most fortunate to have known him so well. He was truly a great friend and person. I miss him greatly. He will always hold a special place in my heart and live on through those memories. When I first saw him my desciption that came out of my mouth was "beautiful" and he was just that beautiful inside and out.

I went to Chloride recently and visit his gravesite, placing flowers there...I know that besides Cerro Gordo he has wonderful stories of his times in Chloride, Arizona. The wind was blowing, it was cold and very lovely, a place where our dear Michael would have liked and next to his dad...and other Pattersons.
    I still have trouble accepting that he is gone...there were times we spoke on the phone for 8 to 10 hours solid at a time...only person that I never really tired of to listening to and hearing his voice. My upmost prayers to his mother, sons, grandchild and his many, many friends...he loved each of them so much. Georgia Taylor of Scottsdale, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by blackbuffalowoman View Post
    Cerro Gordo is in safe hands. There is a caretaker there 24/7. The family is in charge of all projects on the premises. Tours may be taken with the caretaker at $10.00 per person. The phone number is still valid but may not always be answered, but rest assured, someone is there. Please respect the "Private Property" signs if you don't see the caretaker. He/she is around but may not be available for tours.
    Will be there around 20th/25th January.
    Will be around 9th/11th in Barstow,and work me then forwards towards Bagdad,29Palms,indio

The Cerro Gordo website is now down.....I hope it'll be back online soon!
    Josta

Big Bear Lake, CA

I am very sorry to hear this. I was going to go back up there this summer. Mike was a great guy. I met him taking a tour of Cerro Gordo. He really new alot of history. Im sure he will be missed greatly

Here is the latest Cerro Gordo information:
    The ghost town of Cerro Gordo remains open to day visitors. Volunteer caretakers have assumed day-to-day visitor operations and are in town at all times. In spite of rumors to the contrary, Cerro Gordo has not been abandoned or closed after Mike Patterson's death.

Cerro Gordo's official website (www.cerrogordo.us) is being updated. Please contact us through the email address below if you have questions about Cerro Gordo.

Town hours are from approximately 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. (PST), weather and road conditions permitting. Visitors should dress warmly, bring drinking water and haul out their own trash. Cerro Gordo shirts and souvenir silver-lead bullion bars are available for purchase in the American Hotel. Admission is $10 per person.

cerrogordo.ehc@gmail.com

You can find many stories and histories of Cerro Gordo on my website by searching thru my archives and links on the sidebar menu.

www.explorehistoricalif.com
    Last edited by Cecile; 01-04-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    Cecile
    ------------------------
    Well behaved women
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.cerrogordo.us

I know this thread is kind of old but does anyone know if Cerro Gordo is still open? Whats the best number to make a reservation? The web site states its closed but then again it doesnt look like the web site has been updated in a while. Any info will be great!

Thanks!

My husband and I are in charge of the Cerro Gordo website and are keeping the front page updated with current information as requested by Mike Patterson's family. You can contact his son Sean if you have any questions about anything.

The town of Cerro Gordo is officially CLOSED at this time - until further notice.
    There is absolutely NO TRESPASSING off the road!
    A caretaker is on site, so please observe the no trespassing.
    However, the road is a County Road, and pictures of the buildings may be taken from the road.
    Please do not hesitate to contact Sean Patterson at:
    Cell phone: 661-303-3692 or
    Email address: sean@smpatterson.com
    www.cerrogordo.us
    Cecile
    ------------------------
    Well behaved women
    rarely make history -
    Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
    www.cerrogordo.us

Quote Originally Posted by Cecile View Post
    My husband and I are in charge of the Cerro Gordo website and are keeping the front page updated with current information as requested by Mike Patterson's family. You can contact his son Sean if you have any questions about anything.

Oh thanks for the info...I emailed the person on the website 2 weeks ago and havent recieved a reply. Ill try calling tomorrow. Thanks!

Thread Information