Thread: Copper Creek, Az

Smile Copper Creek, Az

My dad and I went to Copper Creek today. It's not too far from Mammoth, Az. Nice drive, excellent weather for this time of year. You MUST have 4WD, high clearance to get there. Dad's old Land Rover handled it like a pro. We need go go back again. It was getting late and we didn't go all the way down the trail to the left to see the rest of what is out there. Just another good reason to go on another adventure with my dad.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Great post...just need to resize the pictures a bit.
    I do have to say though, that turtle probably has a few stories to tell about the area during his younger years.

Trying to put pictures on here was giving me fits. Any good suggestions?

bad bob is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_town_girl77 View Post
    Trying to put pictures on here was giving me fits. Any good suggestions?

Gotta know what prob's ya were havin' first. Other than size, that is.

I was trying to use an image link from photobucket. I need to sit down and fiddle with it some more.

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Download you pics to your computer. Then use the attachment button (little paper clip) on the forum here, click on brouse, and once you find your picture, click upload. Then, click on the attachment button again and click on the pic that you want to post and it should read [ATTACH]####[/ATTACH] This one is 639 x 425 and uses 106kb, but it does load to the forum...
    Name:  aak7b8.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  17.9 KB

Thumbs up Nice

That's always a nice bonus - coming across some critters when you're out exploring

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

GT Girl, Thanks for putting this up, I love Copper Creek. You were lucky to see the tortous (?) they are speedy. We had one as a pet when I was a kid.

As for photos, I stopped using a hosting site after I lost a bunch here, they posted & a month later they were gone. Now I just download full size from my SD card.

When posting go down to "manage attachments"...browse...select photo...upload...& that works everytime for me & they last.

I think it's great that you are exploring with your Dad. These memories will last a long time, (especially if you take lots of pictures.)

Best,

<
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Vulture; 10-04-2009 at 02:19 PM.
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_town_girl77 View Post
    My dad and I went to Copper Creek today. It's not too far from Mammoth, Az. Nice drive, excellent weather for this time of year. You MUST have 4WD, high clearance to get there. Dad's old Land Rover handled it like a pro. We need go go back again. It was getting late and we didn't go all the way down the trail to the left to see the rest of what is out there. Just another good reason to go on another adventure with my dad.
    probably a good thing you didn't take the left

Here was my adventure down the left road
    http://forums.ghosttowns.com/showthread.php?t=16742

Default Copper Creek, etc.

A news item in the Copper Country News (Globe, AZ) a few weeks ago said mining may resume in this area. If so, given the skinniness of the road above the canyon leading to the old townsite, access to Sibley Mansion and points south, east and north could really be curtailed. Last I was there, more than a year ago, a No Trespassing sign along the creek leading east to Sibley said the area was "under aerial surveillance." Hmmm. Predators, d'you s'pose? Lesser known fact, for anyone who feels like hiking east past Sibley: remains of a 2-seater military prop plane that went down in 1943 are still located just west of the prominent saddle you can see through the Rincons on the horizon.

Thread Information