Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1881 Arizona Map

Smile 1881 Arizona Map

Here's another cool old Arizona map. This one's dated 1881. It's got plenty of detail. Here's a small piece of it:

The size of the file is 4.5 MB, you can download it here if you like.
    Last edited by JoeZona; 01-15-2010 at 07:33 AM.

Joe, those pano's on your website are utterly fantastic.

NJ
    "I got four things to live by: Don't say nothing that will hurt anybody. Don't give advice--nobody will take it anyway. Don't complain. Don't explain." Death Valley Scotty Walter Scott 1872-1954

Thanks, NJ. Making the panos helps keep me out of the bars

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZona View Post
    Thanks, NJ. Making the panos helps keep me out of the bars
    Wow, these are fascinating. Too bad there's no way to make panos inside bars...hmmmmm, how bout' wyfi?

Anywhy I'm likin' em'

<
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

Vulture is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by JoeZona View Post
    Here's another cool old Arizona map. This one's dated 1881. It's got plenty of detail. Here's a small piece of it:

The size of the file is 4.5 MB, you can download it here if you like.
    Danm Joe, you put together a great site. I know where I'll be, when I'm not in the bars.

<
    "The good things a person needs-stubbornness, thinking for himself-don't make him a useful member of society. What makes him useful is to be half dead." Sylvan Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Vulture View Post
    Danm Joe, you put together a great site. I know where I'll be, when I'm not in the bars.

<
    Thanks, Vulture.

And you never know, I might be the guy sitting right next to you

Sunrise is offline Rawk Crawlin GPS Totin Ghost Towning Expert

Holy crap, those are about the neatest things I've seen in some time! I can almost see my house in Galena, just past the open pit and what a thrill to revisit the Gila Cliff Dwellings whenever I want:

A friend of mine says he spent the night in that little room to the left (when facing out of the cave). He claims that a noise woke him up and that by moonlight he could see the face and hands of some Indian who had hoisted himself up on the other side of the wall. He heard the Indian drop to the ground and footsteps fade into the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    A friend of mine says he spent the night in that little room to the left (when facing out of the cave). He claims that a noise woke him up and that by moonlight he could see the face and hands of some Indian who had hoisted himself up on the other side of the wall. He heard the Indian drop to the ground and footsteps fade into the night.
    It amazes me those old dried up peyote buttons still work!

Quote Originally Posted by RedDogSaloon View Post
    It amazes me those old dried up peyote buttons still work!
    Those are the best kind...or so I've heard...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
    Holy crap, those are about the neatest things I've seen in some time! I can almost see my house in Galena, just past the open pit and what a thrill to revisit the Gila Cliff Dwellings whenever I want:

Thanks, Sunrise.

My wife and I were up in Mesa Verde this past fall - what a great spot! Anyway, the Ranger who led one of the tours in the caves confided a story to us. He claims that he, and other Rangers, were in a remote cave location doing some restoration work. They camped there, and each of them, at sometime during their work or sleep or dreams, had some sort of very unusual experience related to the original inhabitants.

And I don't think he was just making it up. You could tell by his tone and mannerisms he was pretty serious about it.

Cool stuff. I'd like to camp out in one of those caves.

Thread Information