Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Look

Default New Look

Hmmm ... go away a couple of days and look what I come home to ...

Hey! New look around here. New software, I presume, new format. Best of all ... no virus riddled ads floating across the top out trolling around looking to kill my computer ...
    David A. Wright
    Quote: "Happy Trails To You, Until We Meet Again!"

LauraA is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

When I clicked on my usual link to get to this forum, I must say I was a bit concerned that I might be being redirected to a bogus site, so I didn't log in. I'm glad you posted David, at least I know the problem wasn't some kind of crud crawling around on my computer.

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

This is new to me, too.
    I emailed Gary about this. Don't have any info as to if it's permanent or just temporary while doing something with the server??? I'm sure we'll hear something soon.

dwinslow is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by Darin View Post
    This is new to me, too.
    I emailed Gary about this. Don't have any info as to if it's permanent or just temporary while doing something with the server??? I'm sure we'll hear something soon.
    Haven't decided if I like it yet. It's definitely different. It works OK but adds another couple of steps into the posting process.
    Don Winslow
    Glendora, California
    Ghost Town Web site:http://www.donwinslow.net/Ghost%20Towns.html

Well uploading pics is a bit of a challenge and I get this message after posting "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting." Is that a new person thing, will it go away after I have XX number of posts?
    Reverend
    Tucson, Arizona
    lowered 2wd truck - stuck on pavement (for now)

Also I think if this option is removed from the site, you get a better flow between members - an actual conversation. For instance, Don posted above me and is online, but he can't see my comments - therefore we can't communicate while we're online at the same time. I mean if the forum is free to post (no restrictions) can't the moderator get online and delete inappropriate content after it's posted instead of before?

Just ideas...
    Reverend
    Tucson, Arizona

Darin is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    Well uploading pics is a bit of a challenge and I get this message after posting "Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting." Is that a new person thing, will it go away after I have XX number of posts?
    You are close to see your posts without being moderated.

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    Also I think if this option is removed from the site, you get a better flow between members - an actual conversation. For instance, Don posted above me and is online, but he can't see my comments - therefore we can't communicate while we're online at the same time. I mean if the forum is free to post (no restrictions) can't the moderator get online and delete inappropriate content after it's posted instead of before?

Just ideas...
    We do have messaging in each person's personal area. Just click on the name of the person you want to chat with and you can leave them a message. We also have a chat room so if you want to ask someone to use it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind joining in. And as far as getting online and deleting posts after they been posted...do you really want children to see some of the content that people try to put on here since ghost towning is an event for family as well as just the single person???

You are close to see your posts without being moderated.
    AWESOME thanks!

We do have messaging in each person's personal area. Just click on the name of the person you want to chat with and you can leave them a message. We also have a chat room so if you want to ask someone to use it, I'm sure they wouldn't mind joining in. And as far as getting online and deleting posts after they been posted...do you really want children to see some of the content that people try to put on here since ghost towning is an event for family as well as just the single person???
    A chat box is a great feature, most forums I'm on has one. Darin I was attacking how things are ran here, it just seems really slow. Heck I posted in the Arizona groups topic before my comp crashed and I was the next one to post 7 months later! HA I'm only offering suggestions...
    Reverend
    Tucson, Arizona

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

The problem is we did have new members allowed to post freely as they please for quite some time, and unless someone is willing to pay for us to stand by 24/7 we can't keep up with the spammers. The software spammers use is smart enough to know how a forum is set up by scanning it. Since we have gone to a format where new users are moderated, the attempts have dropped significantly. Which makes the moderators jobs far easier.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Yeah no kidding! I went to Wendover for a couple of days and this is what I come home to, LOL! A brand new look! I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Wright View Post
    Hmmm ... go away a couple of days and look what I come home to ...

Hey! New look around here. New software, I presume, new format. Best of all ... no virus riddled ads floating across the top out trolling around looking to kill my computer ...
    Rachel in Utah ghost_town_huntress@yahoo.com
    It's not fun 'till I get hurt!

Thread Information