Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Search?

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

Seems a glitch in the updated software is causing the search function to slowly update the search function. I guess it's trying to learn the way we search, so it only shows posts made since the update. It appears it either fixes itself over time or from us doing a constant refresh of the search memory in the control panel. We'll see if the next update (sometime soon) will fix the bugs.

I noticed using the "advanced search" (click on it below the search field on the forum header of any page) to be a better choice for now. Enter your search word(s) in the Keyword(s) field at the top. Go to the bottom and you'll see a field labeled "Find Posts". Select your "last visit" and "older" in the drop down menus. Doing this I found posts clear back to the board's beginning.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thanks for the help, and yes, that advanced search and click on the bottom right worked. Small adjustment but it works, that's perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryB View Post
    Seems a glitch in the updated software is causing the search function to slowly update the search function. I guess it's trying to learn the way we search, so it only shows posts made since the update. It appears it either fixes itself over time or from us doing a constant refresh of the search memory in the control panel. We'll see if the next update (sometime soon) will fix the bugs.

I noticed using the "advanced search" (click on it below the search field on the forum header of any page) to be a better choice for now. Enter your search word(s) in the Keyword(s) field at the top. Go to the bottom and you'll see a field labeled "Find Posts". Select your "last visit" and "older" in the drop down menus. Doing this I found posts clear back to the board's beginning.

GaryB is offline Rock Crawlin GPS Moving Map Totin Trailblazing Expert Ghost Towner

The regular "quick" search seems to be working now, at least for me. For anyone not having any luck, try the advanced search first. It might have to remember how you like to search before it works right.
    "I have a .44 and a shovel, I'm sure no one's gonna miss you" - Virginia City, NV

http://community.webshots.com/user/GBodell

Thread Information